So F*****ig frustrated....

miki20021

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Negri electronics are such liars...

They keep posting these false dates on the arrivals of the L920 unlocked from rogers'...
Pre-ordered it 2 weeks ago, and they kept bumping up the date, today they bumped it up again to the 30th..

Cancelled my order, and I'm just so mad and frustrated... the L920 doesn't get to Israel for 2 more monthes...

And I don't want to pay 777$ for it. It's a real steep price..

Had to rant a bit..

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that but I am currently on day 8 of waiting for my 920 replacement via express courier from Roger's warehouse and it is still on back-order as of today. Being a replacement, I am first in line for the phones that are coming out by mail. That's probably why negri can't get any.

miki20021

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It's ok to not be able to get it- but they keep posting up due dates, and that's the FORTH time that they change it.
It sucks that you keep thinking "alright, just wait 3-5 more days, it'll be fine", and they keep postponing it 10 days at a time...

I'm seriously considering GSMNation... they seem to have better reputation than Negri and it's the same price for OEM L920

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
GSMNation has incorrect bands listed on their phones. I'm pre-ordered on a Grey 920 with Negri (currently hoping the 11/29 is right, but not expecting it) with Negri. I've talked with their customer support, and they are very knowledgeable and helpful. Call them up and talk to someone about it--it's a new phone and there's a shortage. Everyone's stuck waiting unless they go the most expensive route (ATT).

miki20021

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't go ATT because it's locked to it and I'm going to use the phone in Israel.

What incorrect bands do they have?
The customer service I got from Negri was almost shameful. Every time I asked something I got the SAME pre-written comment, it got to the point that I got the same answer with the same exact phrasing for 5-6 times.

That's not personal service to me. And as I said- having a shortage in stock is perfectly fine, but don't lie to people, stating over and over again false due dates that you know you can't have it.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I emailed back and forth so many times with one of the Negri CSRs that he said "here's a number to call me so we can talk over everything". The form responses are to be expected over email. Once I talked with the guy on the phone, he understood my perdicament well (told him I was trying to get a 1700MHz-capable 920 for TMo, I've since decided to go with StraightTalk, so 1700 doesn't matter), and he explained to me that they update their expected arrival dates within a day of receiving new dates when they change.

They are at the mercy of their suppliers, and having a date is better than being stuck with a "coming soon", of course that's my opinion. Totally understand the frustration, but I have to be patient because as soon as I get it in my hand I'm sending it off to be laser-etched, so I probably won't be using it daily until late December.

miki20021

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd be better off with a "Coming soon" than being pushed around with false due dates and false hopes for a phone..

I've conversed with them by mail and by live chat, got the same answers everytime..

And it sound a bit BSing with the dates, because they don't update them daily- they're waiting for the due day that they've written; when they see that they don't got it in that day- they update it to a further date, every frustrating time after time...

phonegeeks

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I first ordered my Lumia 920 from gsm nation but they seemed to have a problem at first with unlocking the phones. But they told me immediately what the problem was and gave me the option of upgrading to the international unlocked version (free of cost) if I could wait for two more days so I decided to wait. I think the customer support guy's name was Arsalan. He walked me through the problem they were facing and gave me updates everyday. I finally got my phone last week. It is an international factory unlocked version as they promised. I am hoping that T-mobile quickly farms the 1900 Mhz band in more regions across the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99