How do I get Internet Sharing and MMS to work?

Richhy

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up the new Lumia 920 from the Microsoft store in Canada a few days ago. The phone was locked to Rogers and I was required to unlock in order to use it with Telus. I entered all the required APN settings to use Telus data but I still cannot get Internet Sharing to work. I'm having the same issue with MMS as well.

How can I get these features to work?

This is a game changer and it's making me regret switching to Windows Phone...

Truthfully I don't know if it's Nokia to blame or Rogers or Microsoft but this Internet Sharing and MMS issue has created a really poor Windows Phone experience for me. Someone really needs to step up to the plate and address this.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
he asked how to get internet SHARING to work which is more than just adding the right APN.

You will not get the Internet Sharing to work because Nokia capitulated with the carriers to allow a "shim" to be inserted alerting users to contact the carrier to be put on the right plan. The travesty of this is if you are not with that carrier (Rogers) you still have no way of getting around this message. This is fatal flaw hat Nokia needs to remedy on ALL of its phones. If the phone is carrier unlocked you should be able to do whatever you damn please.

Richhy

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
he asked how to get internet SHARING to work which is more than just adding the right APN.

You will not get the Internet Sharing to work because Nokia capitulated with the carriers to allow a "shim" to be inserted alerting users to contact the carrier to be put on the right plan. The travesty of this is if you are not with that carrier (Rogers) you still have no way of getting around this message. This is fatal flaw hat Nokia needs to remedy on ALL of its phones. If the phone is carrier unlocked you should be able to do whatever you damn please.

I agree 100%. Had I known that this would be such a glaring problem I would have never bought this phone. Nokia, what the heck are you doing? Not even Apple is this restrictive. The only thing worse than greedy carriers are the companies that capitulate with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99