Delete Windows Live Account from Phone

Livingston12

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So some how I entered in my birthday as this year, so the phone thinks I'm underage. Windows Support is down, but I found out you can't simply update your birth date online, it's locked to the account when it's created.

I can't seem to find any way to remove the account from the phone without doing reset, I spent the past few hours setting up the phone, I'm going to be rather upset if I have to do it all over again.

Loving my Yellow 920 btw.

Thanks everyone,

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
you have to do a factory reset, once you enter your account in, it is there for good. Only way to get back to prompt logging into your account is a complete wipe.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember entering birthday on the phone. You can logon to www.live.com or www.outlook.com and change your birthday there.

So some how I entered in my birthday as this year, so the phone thinks I'm underage. Windows Support is down, but I found out you can't simply update your birth date online, it's locked to the account when it's created.

I can't seem to find any way to remove the account from the phone without doing reset, I spent the past few hours setting up the phone, I'm going to be rather upset if I have to do it all over again.

Loving my Yellow 920 btw.

Thanks everyone,

Livingston12

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You will find you cannot. Microsoft doesn't allow you to change your birthday.

Ended up dong a reset and having to create another account. Kind of silly.

doitle

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This is relevant to my first experience with the Lumia 920 in the local AT&T store.

I went into the local AT&T store one night after work. I went in there to obviously check out the Lumia 920. What I discovered was that neither 920 they had on the floor had a Windows Live account associated with it, so I couldn't use the market and try to download any apps... My solution? I would register a new Windows Live ID right there in the store and I called it something like attstoretesphone. As I'm typing in fake info such as none@none.none and all I hit a random birth year and keep right on going. It all looks to be going well and I get back to the app store... Then it won't let me download any apps because I'm underage and a "parent" had to authorize me... I go to the Windows Phone website and login and look all around trying to figure out how to get authorized. I thought that maybe they assumed all accounts were underage until a credit card was associated (a la WiiU) and if that was the case I was sunk... I obviously wasn't going to enter my credit card on a bogus windows live account just to try out the 920 in store... I went back to messing around a bit more on the phone and it suddenly hit me... The birth year! How did that not occur to me sooner? -_- Then I tried to delete the Live account from the phone in order to make a new one and spent a while trying to figure that out before finally determining I had to reset the phone to accomplish this. Resetting the phone took forever... I would say 20 minutes at least. The whole time I pretended to be using the phone so as not to arouse the suspicion of the AT&T store staff who is usually really nosy. By the time it finished the store had closed and I had to leave...

I did get to test out the phone on subsequent visits with the market functioning, but that first trip was pretty much a failure...

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure it is this way with pretty much every phone OS. Your windows live Id not only stores your payment info but also all of your settings. To remove the main id you basically have to restore the phone as you mentioned.

That said there id an issue with restoring right now. If it works well it should be a matter of minutes. If it doesn't, it often stays in the restore state perpetually unless you do something about it (there is a tutorial on the forums but its not something you would have been able to do on a display phone). The other option, which a handful have taken, is to get the phone replaced. Nokia is well aware, by the sound of it as plenty have reported the issue. I would suspect a fix on the horizon along with other minor bug fixes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999