12-22-2012 07:10 PM
46 12
tools
    Most entertaining thread ever. LOL.
    11-22-2012 10:47 AM
    My 920 Just died too, have it on a charger right now to see if it helps/fixes itself but really do not feel like hard resetting, this is pretty much BS, going to call Nokia Support if it does not come back on and ***** them out completely.
    Isn't the reset just the same as resetting a battery?
    11-22-2012 11:00 AM
    I read on another forum that someone, who had contacted Nokia Customer Service, was asked by Nokia if by any chance his phone was purchased from Rogers in the first days of release. I found that interesting.
    Not surprised, I am on my 4th rogers 920...hope this one will be good. All the past ones have shown signs of the unit being a cleaned up display/demo unit (possibly from hardware fairs or tech conventions).

They all had common things such as
    -battery dead out of the box
    -shoddy build quality

Probably rogers was able to get them for cheap while simultaneously allowing them to release the phones 1 month earlier than anywhere else in the world.
    11-22-2012 11:22 AM
    Shoddy build quality definitely contribute to Kevin's problems.
    Not removing the plastic and jamming the SIM card in when there was a SIM card converter in there.

Yep. Shoddy Nokia/Rogers quality.

Wow.
    11-22-2012 12:19 PM
    Nice.

Now I know who to never ever let borrow my phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2012 12:40 PM
    Nice.

Now I know who to never ever let borrow my phone.
    At least Kevin has not driven over any phones with his car (at least not that we know of).

My friend Chuck actually drove his car over a phone accidentally once. Chuck breaks everything, not just phones.
    11-23-2012 12:34 AM
    I'm BACKKKK!!!!

Exchanged my Lumia 920 at Rogers today. Yay! Back to the Mobile Nations World Tour!
    11-23-2012 06:56 PM
    Woah. The whole having backed up savings automagically restore is awesome.
    wprob likes this.
    11-23-2012 07:00 PM
    hey no hating on Kevin, he's our beloved Crackberry leader...i too am a diehard Blackberry fan just getting bored and playing with new phones / comparing platforms.

That being said...that's crazy - two devices with the same issue. Thanks to your video on Crackberry about the sim adapter getting stuck on the pins of the 9900, I (barely) escaped from it myself...sim adapter came out and one pin was sticking straight up...i almost wet myself. thankfully, all is well.
    11-23-2012 07:03 PM
    I'm BACKKKK!!!!

Exchanged my Lumia 920 at Rogers today. Yay! Back to the Mobile Nations World Tour!
    Cool! :)
    11-23-2012 11:39 PM
    hey no hating on Kevin, he's our beloved Crackberry leader...i too am a diehard Blackberry fan just getting bored and playing with new phones / comparing platforms.

That being said...that's crazy - two devices with the same issue. Thanks to your video on Crackberry about the sim adapter getting stuck on the pins of the 9900, I (barely) escaped from it myself...sim adapter came out and one pin was sticking straight up...i almost wet myself. thankfully, all is well.
    We don't hate Kevin. We love him.

Friends always like to tease friends who do silly or hasty things.
    11-23-2012 11:41 PM
    Lying in bed using the WPCentral app. Its just so good. Jay..... Could you make a CrackBerry version of the app too? :)
    11-24-2012 12:39 AM
    Lying in bed using the WPCentral app. Its just so good. Jay..... Could you make a CrackBerry version of the app too? :)
    When I checked Windows Phone Marketplace I found an Android Central app in the Sports category. :D
    11-24-2012 10:40 AM
    I know a Chris Parsons in the states that messes up stuff for me too. haha
    11-24-2012 10:31 PM
    Hey, I have this same problem. It has happened to me twice. Is it because of an app? The two times it has shut off has happened when the phone hadn't been touched or used for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is the only problem I seem to be having.
    11-26-2012 05:51 AM
    Hei Kevin and everyone. I just met a problem with my Rogers Lumia 920 similar as you.

I am a Wind user, and my phone is not yet unlocked. I just want to listen to some music and use wifi to download some apps and my phone just died. I'm sure I didn't do anything special to it. (Just swiping, browsing, transferring files) I'm just wondering is this meaning anything wrong with the phone or system or just because I'm using Wind? I am ready to unlock my phone but just need some advice. Have you guys ever seen those problem before?

I got my phone yesterday and I tested it today, it died around 10 times. I have to reset it to reactivate it.

Thanks

Ray
    11-26-2012 06:01 PM
    OMG Michelle that was hilarious! ROFL!

Sorry for the troubles Kevin, glad to hear you are back in business!
    11-26-2012 08:29 PM
    I had the same issue with an AT&T 920. I could not get the sim tray open after closing it with only the adapter and not the nano sim + adapter.
    AT&T store guy got it open but now when I put a micro sim or nano sim in the adapter it sees no sim!
    I went back to the same store and the person there told me sim adapters are not supported and wouldnt do anything else.
    I will be trying a different store.

But are you now able to swap back and forth with no problem with the adapter? As long as you use the nano sim with adapter is switching back and forth working out?
    Thanks in advance for your input!
    12-02-2012 02:15 AM
    My 920 Just died too, have it on a charger right now to see if it helps/fixes itself but really do not feel like hard resetting, this is pretty much BS, going to call Nokia Support if it does not come back on and ***** them out completely.
    That button hold combination is the same thing as taking out the battery when your phone froze. It's just on phones that have a non-removeable battery. It doesn't reset anything as far as I know, it just turns it off completely/cuts off the power and then you turn it on again. You may have to reset the clock but I think that's that. It's called a soft-reset. It's the same thing as rebooting your PC, or as pushing that button on the front of your PC case next to the power button when your PC freezes and won't turn off. It's the exact same thing. A hard-reset is like putting it back into the state it was delivered in, and is done in the menu afaik.
    12-02-2012 02:40 AM
    My phone bricked last night i was able to fix it using this method

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ed-inside.html
    12-02-2012 03:09 AM
    Just when I was about to drive to the store where I bough my nokia 920 from, this post saved the day :) . My phone had dies overnight due to low battery and refused to show any signs of life on being hooked to charging. Strange ...... But the instructions by Darus214 worked in resetting and restarting the phone. Thanks !
    12-22-2012 07:10 PM
46 12