DOUBLE Text Messages = 920/Windows 8 bug

dang121

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife have a Iphone 4s and sometime she send me a double text messages. I am using the NL900, I thought that there is something wrong with her phone. So I believe it a carier issue.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I didn't have this issue on my Lumia 900. I currently use the same SIM card, with the same plan, in the same locations, using my Lumia 920. I'm told constantly that my messages are sending twice. I suspect there really is something not quite working perfectly in Windows Phone 8.

Squirrel29

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Got this issue on HTC 8S. On UK Orange network. Two other phones in house (1 Android and 1 old Nokia) on same network don't do it. According to network activity log multiple messages are sent. Feels like shorter the message, the more repeats. Often 5 duplicates. Once had as many as 8. Texting another number stops it - but can send multiple copies to that instead.

Definitely appears to be associated with Windows Phone 8 - even if network conditions can influence the occurance.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Its carrier. My house and neighborhood has terrible coverage. Happens on all phones all different operating systems (ios, wp8, wp7, blackberry, android, even dumbphones) only when coverage is poor.

Dzyen

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry folks, but it really isn't the carrier in my case

I cycled between my BB 9900 / Lumia 920 with my micro sim all the time. Same carrier, same sim. And both phones get a full 5 bars, both on H+/3G (not LTE which has crap coverage).
Blackberry never sent a message twice
Lumia sent messages twice very, VERY frequently.

I have no idea what it is. I also cycled through three phones (as i had other FCC and body creaking problems) and all of them did the same thing. Pretty annoying when you're typing a larger text and your recipient receives a freaking essay! :eck:

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had this issue with WP7 and WP8.

I think I eventually figured it out, the person sending me messages was opening the messaging tab, sending a message and pressing Windows button to home screen, then opening a new messages tab when sending the next message.

Then later on she noticed she had like 20 instances of the messaging tab. . . and I had roughly 20 identical messages.

MaximVi

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my new 920 on Rogers, never experienced it with other phones.
Multiple messaging app instances theory actually makes sense, I'll try to avoid that in future.

pazces84

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to an ATT rep and she said this is a known issue with the Lumia 920's. Apparently the phone sends a the text message a second time if the signal strength is poor. I've had a ticket open with support for over a month now and this is an ongoing issue. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Tim Maggi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
what seems to be the problem for me is the wifi. select the wifi always on when screen is locked to off. seems to have fixed it for me. and or turn wifi off works as well. but sucks due to eating up your data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire