Anyone Pick One Up For The Off Contract Price?

• Thread starter Deleted member 199301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 199301

I keep trying to muster the will but at $450 I don't feel it's worth it. Any else? How many of you guys bit and are satisfied?

jordanjs

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't buy one yet; I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Where are you seeing $450? The AT&T website sells it for that, but then there's taxes, activation fees, and all that, so I'm hesitating. Microsoft Store sells it tax free, at least on the website, but it's $500, and they don't have red, the color I want.

There's also a dude selling his, new, for $600 on ebay, with free shipping and only about 40 miles away from me. It makes no sense to pay more, but the thought of just having it is tempting enough in some moments, heh.

I don't know how I'll feel about it in the coming days. I might just wait for confirmation of an at&t unlock before committing to buy - that makes the most sense.

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I woke up on Saturday and decided to call all the AT&T stores in my vicinity and only make the plunge if they had one in red. Unfortunately/fortunately, one store did.

Is it worth it? Absolutely. I'm coming from the Lumia 900 and this phone absolutely blows it out of the water. I've had no issues so far and the device itself is sexy as **** (and also matches my Surface with red Touch Cover). I did buy it impulsively, but most of my impulse was driven by the fact that Nokia is offering developers a $200 rebate for the Lumia 900. :)

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I did and am very satisfied, especially at the $450 price plus wireless charger to be shipped at a later date. Compared to an equivalent individual plan with two-year contract price the break even point is in under a year. Over the life of a two-year contract i am projected to save around $700.

Depatter

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I purchased it off contract. I mostly love it (I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEEE Xbox Music). Totally worth $450, especially with the bonus wireless charger.

retyler

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am an AT&T customer and I purchased my 920 off contract for $450 + tax. I did not have to pay any additional fees. From a technical point of view all phone OSes have their pluses and minuses, but I like the lol and feel of the WP8.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Guys, those who purchased off-contract, can you check with your friend's T-mobile sim to see, if it works in your ATT phone? (Assuming you have a friend on t-mobile?)

Thanks.

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how the warranty situation works. I am confused with this 14 day return policy vs the warranty. So if my nokia still has battery problems, how do I get it fixed. I bought the phone from ATT.com.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
ehhh... it's a good phone but anyone interested should wait a bit until the kinks are ironed out, imo. I payed 450 for mine and whenever im ready to accept one flaw in order to avoid more, something else comes up.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how the warranty situation works. I am confused with this 14 day return policy vs the warranty. So if my nokia still has battery problems, how do I get it fixed. I bought the phone from ATT.com.

You go through Nokia outside of your 14 days. If I were you I'd buy from the Microsoft store. They'll take care of warranty issues, at least as long as you buy their extended insurance (which I think is the best value on the market next to Apple Care)

PETCOW

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am an AT&T customer and I purchased my 920 off contract for $450 + tax. I did not have to pay any additional fees. From a technical point of view all phone OSes have their pluses and minuses, but I like the lol and feel of the WP8.

So you just purchase it at off contract price and don't activate the plan? I bought one at 450 but it hasn't arrived yet.

cameron12x

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T store keeps telling me that the "bonus" wireless charger is only available to those who buy the phone with a new two-year contract.

How are folks getting this off contract?

D

Deleted member 199301

There shouldn't be an activation fee. It should just be a flop. Too bad there isn't any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals for unlocked for Mobiles.

D

Deleted member 199301

My AT&T store keeps telling me that the "bonus" wireless charger is only available to those who buy the phone with a new two-year contract.

Great question.

kmcochran

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I would like to know this too. I bought a black one off contract and just checked the AT&T website and it says the free charger is only available with a new 2yr contract. And paying full price and using it on ST will save me loads of money the second year. I break even the first year.

Great question.

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

I fired up an online chat with Billing and told them that the AT&T store was out of chargers (which it was). My agent asked me how much I paid and I told her about $500. She then said they were out of the charging pads but she would make a note on my account to send me one when they were back in stock.

So I don't foresee myself actually getting one, but who knows?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)