where is WhatsApp app. in Store?

Selahattin Kotay

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi there to you all!

I ve just had my lumia 920 yesterday. I downloaded much of reasonable programs from WP8 store. However i can not find whatsapp app. in store. Could anyone tell me if whatsapp is not in use for WP 8 or is this a problem with ma phone i am facing?

Appreciate for answers!

mammaldood

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ugh! I use whatsapp all the time, but I did a hard reset last night to try to improve battery... And now I can't download whatsapp. What terrible timing.

Also googled for a link to it, used it, and it says "this app is unavailable for your device."

Selahattin Kotay

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ugh! I use whatsapp all the time, but I did a hard reset last night to try to improve battery... And now I can't download whatsapp. What terrible timing.

Also googled for a link to it, used it, and it says "this app is unavailable for your device."

I read your post a hour ago. I also googled for a link and the same notification i faced with :) lol , just terrible timig. No thing to do, just we cut the bush sort and wait , lol

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned in another thread you can install whatsapp by going into phone account on windowsphone.com and finding it in your purchase history. After that choose the reinstall option and make sure that you have push installation enabled under the "find my phone" settings. I am guessing they might be coming out with a new version soon but for now this is the best workaround I could find.

Last edited:

Selahattin Kotay

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned in another thread you can install whatsapp by going into phone account on windowsphone.com and finding it in your purchase history. After that choose then reinstall option and make sure that you can push installation enabled under the "find my phone" settings. I am guessing they might be coming out with a new version soon but for now this is the best workaround I could find.

I tried but i there is no whatsapp in my purchase history :(

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
hmmm thats strange, i downloaded whatsapp for free on monday night of this week and installed and am happily using it everyday since then. Lemme check the store again to see if its still there.

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine is there but it says (pasted):
WhatsApp
Apps
This app requires location services

10/11/2012
Purchase
Your version of the Windows Phone software is not supported by this application

I guess they must have updated the online system. The method was working just yesterday evening after I did a hard reset and couldn't find it in the appstore. Pretty annoying move on their part considering how many people rely on the app...

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just checked the store, its been removed from the store, my whatsapp app which i downloaded on monday is working fine though. I have no idea why they removed it from the store.

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think a whatsapp representative responded in a different thread on the topic mentioning an update but that's hardly a reason for them to remove the previous version (that despite some problems was actually working fine). Since you can't really switch to a different service they are just stranding a lot of their users.

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I am pretty sure Whatsapp is what has been causing my Lumia920 to lock-up randomly. I've been working with NokiaSupport to figure out what app was causing me (and many others) random lockup problems. I narrowed it down to a factory-hardreset phone with only Google+Microsoft accounts setup and only Whatsapp app installed. It locked up within 23hrs. Uninstalled Whatsapp and running another trial and so far no lockups (too early to tell though - only 16hrs into this trial). Is it a coincidence that Whatsapp is suddenly off the marketplace now and is being revised?

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
There have also been comments on another thread claiming WhatsApp may have affected battery life.

Makes sense that it is pulled from a PR point of view to make sure customers aren't returning the phones without realizing it's a software glitch.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I am pretty sure Whatsapp is what has been causing my Lumia920 to lock-up randomly. I've been working with NokiaSupport to figure out what app was causing me (and many others) random lockup problems. I narrowed it down to a factory-hardreset phone with only Google+Microsoft accounts setup and only Whatsapp app installed. It locked up within 23hrs. Uninstalled Whatsapp and running another trial and so far no lockups (too early to tell though - only 16hrs into this trial). Is it a coincidence that Whatsapp is suddenly off the marketplace now and is being revised?

I have been running whatsapp on my 920 since Monday with no locks ups.

Selahattin Kotay

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys i got a reply from whatsapp official support page! wanna share with you all,

Max, Nov 21 11:15 (PST):
Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry, WhatsApp is not fully supported on Windows Phone 8 and we cannot comment on future timelines.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Best / Saludos,
Max

That means we are waiting until they release WhatsApp

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
D*mn it - even with Whatsapp uninstalled, my phone locked up after 16hours again :( I have no extra apps installed and all I have are accounts setup with Google (Calendar/mail), Microsoft, and Facebook (account, not the app). I've uninstalled Google accountsnow, but not sure what else to do :( I'm worried this isn't just a software issue now. I have a Rogers phone (though unlocked by them)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3