Wireless Charging and the Battery

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a question regarding to the wireless charging functionality. I got one of those fatboys and placed it on my desk. I like the way it works and I keep my 920 on it all day. Is that the way to use these things? I mean, I pick it up, take a phone call, send some mesage or check emails, then lay it back on the charger. I do this many times and I started to think that maybe it is better to keep the phone on it only if it's gonna be a relatively long period. I'm not sure though. I love having 100% battery all the time though :)

Should I concern about the batter health if I keep using it like this? Or should I move that thing to my bed stand and charge my phone at night like I always did with my previous phones?

Thanks.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Batteries have a limited number of cycles before they start to reduce in quality. Just about everyone I know who has a laptop knows what happens when you leave it plugged in all the time, the battery only lasts 10 minutes.

Don't just plop it onto the pillow whenever is my advice

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
But if it's constantly at 100% he's never using a "cycle".

I thought I read somewhere that it's best to keep these batteries topped up. Not a lumia specifically, but cell batteries.

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
But if it's constantly at 100% he's never using a "cycle".

I thought I read somewhere that it's best to keep these batteries topped up. Not a lumia specifically, but cell batteries.

I believe I have seen this too but JammyGitz has a point, I also know some notebooks with horrible battery performance bacuase they were plugged in all the time.
Only credible information I find is from Apple's Notebook battry tips (Apple - Batteries - Notebooks)

Apple does not recommend leaving your portable plugged in all the time. An ideal use would be a commuter who uses her notebook on the train, then plugs it in at the office to charge. This keeps the battery juices flowing. If on the other hand, you use a desktop computer at work, and save a notebook for infrequent travel, Apple recommends charging and discharging its battery at least once per month.

So, I believe it means that it's fine to keep it on charge, given that you discharge it frequent enough?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs