What's YOUR average battery life?

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Very good battery life here also, easily last through the day from 8am to 11pm.

My settings:

Wirelessly charged
Bluetooth on.
Wifi on, set to NOT automatically notify of new wifi network.
NFC off.
Nokia drive UNINSTALLED.
1 Yahoo mail (sync every hr)
1 gmail (sync as item arrive)
1 Outlook (sync daily)
IM+ with google talk account.
Whatsapp

I wonder if the reason for the battery drain for some of you is wifi notification setting? And when you all say drive is off, is the app still installed? would that make a difference? Just curious why some have problem with the battery since this phone has one of the best battery life I've used so far, its on par with the Galaxy Note I was using before.

Well the thing is, everyone seems to have mixed results. Some folks have NFC on and easily get through the day, while some people's get drained when it's on. I'm now testing the wifi connection setting, we'll see if it has any effect. From what I've read you can still have Drive installed, it's just a matter of blocking it in background tasks.

sud123

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I charge it till 5:30am everyday. After the whole day I still have 20-30% left at the end of the day.

One exchange account (as items arrive)
Two Gmail (as items arrive)
One yahoo(every two hours)
NFC off
Bluetooth off
WiFi off(mostly)
Closely follow the background apps
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

JGtz

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I get an average of 14 hours + 7 hours standby.

I charge my phone usually from 8pm to 11-11:30pm. Disconnect it, go to bed.
Phone alarm rings at 6 am. Battery sits at either 98% or 95% after 7 hours since last charge.
Go to work. Get home around 6:00 pm. Battery is sitting between 15% and 30%.

My settings:
All background tasks OFF except for Cowlick (twitter) and WeatherFlow (weather).

NFC off
Bluetooth off
Wifi On, even though I am on LTE at work.
4 email accounts (1 Hotmail syncs every hr, 1 outlook syncs every 1hr, 1 work Outlook account syncs every 30min, 1 gmail account syncs manually since I found it to be a battery hog)
I am always in LTE coverage (Colorado). Crazy fast, 44 Mbps down, 7 up. Much faster than my old tmobile HSPA+.

My usage:
Typically below 30 mins of phonecalls.
Avg of 30 sms's received/sent.
about 1 hr gaming (GeoDefense Swarm, this alone kills 20% battery when my play time is summed up and I compare to battery drain)
1 hr internet exploding various websites.
20 min of screwing around with the camera for some "ohhh and ahhhh" moments.

Nonetheless, I have experienced several days where the battery goes down crazy fast. One day I woke up and I had 42% battery left after i thought I had it in standby for 7 hrs, turns out I had left the ESPN app unclosed (or maybe if was gmail? checking every hour)

I might still return it though, many dust particles inside my front-facing camera just appeared a few days ago...

I bought it the 9th of November. Black.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, heres a screenshot of my battery power left. I have used the phone heavily during the day today from 7.45am this morning until the time of this post. I did emailing, web browsing, calling, texting , taking pics, had 9 apps running in the background, Bluetooth on, tap to send on, location on, in other words I had everything on an gave this phone all I could throw at it every chance I got during the day at work today.

wp_ss_20121121_0001.jpg

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
2 email accounts syncing every hour (Gmail and Live)
Weather Channel live tile
Bing lockscreen
Nokia Drive blocked
WiFi always on (even when I'm not near a hotspot)
Auto brightness
Bluetooth off
Tap+Send off
Location on
Battery Saver on (when low)
All backups off
Phone updates on
Feedback off
High sensitivity touch off

I'm getting between 2-3 days of battery life.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, I get better battery life when I use my wireless charger. For whatever reason...

rdjward

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery log, copied over from another battery thread:

New user here, I was getting pretty poor life out of my 920 the first couple days I had it. But I've made some changes, first of all I just performed a hard reset on it and I've additionally shut off GPS for now. This is the first day since the fresh reset with a full charge. Here are my other relevant information:

Lumia 920 on Rogers LTE Network
Apps allowed to run: Battery meter, AccuWeather
Wifi On but not set to scan for networks
Screen brightness normal, 1 min time out
NFC and Bluetooth off
Coverage: My work building has very poor reception (I'm there from 8:30 to 4 except for lunch), alternating between EDGE and 3G but often just one bar, this occurs to most phones in this part of the building so not the Lumia's fault. Outside of work I get at least 3 bars LTE everywhere else I go. And at my apartment I use my personal Wi-Fi to access the internet rather than the LTE.

I will now provide updates on my battery life and what kind of activities I performed on the device. This is currently in progress:

8AM off charger

20 mins music, 5 texts

10:30 - 100%

12 PM - 99%

A few texts

12:40 - 98%

40 mins music, 10 or so texts, 5 mins LTE browsing, pull a spreadsheet off Skydrive

1:45 - 92%

5 or 6 more texts, briefly messed around in Calendar and People.

2:50 - 89%

More texting

3:50 - 85%

25 mins music, 12 app updates on marketplace, couple texts

4:40 - 80%

45 mins music, another 12-15 texts, set some alarms, played with livetile setup, grabbed a couple more files off Skydrive

10PM - Bed 64%

5AM - Alarm woke me up - 54%

Normally I'd push that to keep testing but I had a couple important errands to run today so didn't want to chance having my phone die. So with my typical usage I'd say I should be able to get by with charging every second night if I chose.
(still in progress) Hope this isn't too much detail or annoying.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
On average so far I can go 2-3 days between a charge if I'm pushing the battery. I've been reading up on how to keep the batteries lasting longer over time so I tend to keep it topped up and only really ever let the phone get as low as 30-40% at the lowest before I top it up again. Having said all that, the 920 outlasts my old phone by a long way.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
24 hours with 20% left at the end of the night and that's with games and lots of texting, some music played through bluetooth, internet browsing as well. I took my phone off charge and 2am this morning and have 72% left - 13h:25m remaining

xacious

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine isn't getting very good life, I exchanged my first 920 thinking something was wrong with the battery, I went to work from @ 11:00am and before my shift was over my battery completely died around 7pm. I'm not even allowed to use my phone at work, I had a convo for less than an hour during my lunch break and sent a few text messages. Thats it... only live tile i have is wpcentral, everything else is off, i uninstalled nokia drive thinking that would help but it didn't make much of a difference. when i got home to charge my phone it took about 30 minutes for it to even come back on im not sure whats going on but as of right now im on my 2nd Lumia 920 and im not happy with the battery life at all

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine as of now

Location service on
bluetooth off
nfc off
wifi off
Nokia drive off
2 gmail , both set to "as items arrive"
1 outlook , set to sync every 30 mins
backgrnd task - only Accuweather, all others are blocked
Browsed for about 45 mins, sent couple of emails, about 20 mins on phone, downloaded couple of apps

Took out the phone with full charge around 8 am and now it's 4pm and has only 25 % :(

Turn off the background services for Accuweather and your location services and see what happens, just for the sake of science...

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I will now provide updates on my battery life and what kind of activities I performed on the device. This is currently in progress:

8AM off charger

20 mins music, 5 texts

10:30 - 100%

12 PM - 99%

A few texts

12:40 - 98%

40 mins music, 10 or so texts, 5 mins LTE browsing, pull a spreadsheet off Skydrive

1:45 - 92%

5 or 6 more texts, briefly messed around in Calendar and People.

2:50 - 89%

More texting

3:50 - 85%

25 mins music, 12 app updates on marketplace, couple texts

4:40 - 80%

45 mins music, another 12-15 texts, set some alarms, played with livetile setup, grabbed a couple more files off Skydrive

10PM - Bed 64%

5AM - Alarm woke me up - 54%

Normally I'd push that to keep testing but I had a couple important errands to run today so didn't want to chance having my phone die. So with my typical usage I'd say I should be able to get by with charging every second night if I chose.
(still in progress) Hope this isn't too much detail or annoying.

This is pretty much on point with my results.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
mine is 12 to 13 hours (with heavy use) i have a yellow one and i turned off my NFC and bluetooth
70% of the time i'm texting.. 10% Camera and browsing pictures and other 20% (phone emails news youtube n i rarely play any games)

tim2000s

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
When I first got the phone, it seemed to be dying very quickly (<12 hours). I turned off the NFC functionality (not something I can use anyway) and blocked Nokia Drive Beta, which seemed to add a bit to the life. Following this I discharged it fully, making sure that when it turned itself off, it couldn't be restarted. I then charged it overnight and the result is stellar.

My general use is 1-2 hours of web use over 4G, 3G and Wi-Fi, limited use of the location and Bluetooth functionality (on all previous phones I've only ever turned these on when I need them so no change to my behaviour on this one) and bits and piece of Sports Tracker, Kindle, etc. Mail is set-up on Hotmail once per day (only because I needed it for my Microsoft stuff) and Gmail every hour.

The result is that I'm taking it off charge at roughly 5.30am and when going to bed at around 11pm, there's roughly 40% charge left. I'd be comfortable leaving it overnight. I've been very impressed with the effect of running it down and allowing the Battery monitoring software to reset itself. Seems to make a huge difference.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery on my Nokia Lumia 920 has been average - it's not terrible but it's not great.

Here's my settings:

Email: one downloading emails as they arrive
Internet Sharing: off
WiFi: on but not automatically searching
Lock screen: Bing, 1 minute time out
Tap+Send: off
Battery saver: on under 20%
Brightness: auto
Background tasks turned on: battery tile, Nokia Reading, Weather - everything else blocked, including Nokia Drive+ Beta

Today I monitored the battery whilst at work - it seems to lose about 3% per hour when idle, that isn't too bad. All I did today was send a couple of texts, a few emails, add something to my calendar, look at a few web pages, look at the people app what's new for a minute or so and play a round of words with friends. After doing this and it being idle the rest of the time, after 10 hours it was down to 73%.

I think that's alright but then I was hardly using it ... I've noticed that whenever I do anything with the phone it starts draining the battery rapidly. I'd be concerned about using the phone on a long drive trying to use Nokia Drive or going somewhere and taking a lot of photos. Would it last? I'm not convinced!

The phone is stunning and I love the interface and features. I hope the battery life issue doesn't persist!

wp_ss_20121122_0001.jpg

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery on my Nokia Lumia 920 has been average - it's not terrible but it's not great.

Here's my settings:

Email: one downloading emails as they arrive
Internet Sharing: off
WiFi: on but not automatically searching
Lock screen: Bing, 1 minute time out
Tap+Send: off
Battery saver: on under 20%
Brightness: auto
Background tasks turned on: battery tile, Nokia Reading, Weather - everything else blocked, including Nokia Drive+ Beta

Today I monitored the battery whilst at work - it seems to lose about 3% per hour when idle, that isn't too bad. All I did today was send a couple of texts, a few emails, add something to my calendar, look at a few web pages, look at the people app what's new for a minute or so and play a round of words with friends. After doing this and it being idle the rest of the time, after 10 hours it was down to 73%.

I think that's alright but then I was hardly using it ... I've noticed that whenever I do anything with the phone it starts draining the battery rapidly. I'd be concerned about using the phone on a long drive trying to use Nokia Drive or going somewhere and taking a lot of photos. Would it last? I'm not convinced!

The phone is stunning and I love the interface and features. I hope the battery life issue doesn't persist!

View attachment 23432

Seems like we're on the same boat. I just unplugged mine three hours ago, and used it to browse some pages and send some texts while using Nokia music. It's been idle for the most part, but still the battery has gone to 88%. Not a big deal, but definitely not amazing. I'll be testing the whole discharge thing tonight, and see if that makes any difference. There's too many odd fixes floating around right now, it's getting tough to keep testing each one individually xD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster