10 minutes of video recording
30 minutes of games
1 hour of music with headphones

My phone is 6 days old and without Portico.. I love this batterylife! :D

Last edited:

JeepGuy25

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Some of these claims, like the one above, seem unbelievable to me.

Not in the sense that I think people are lying...but in the sense that I could NEVER get my phone to last that long even on the "good" days when it seems to be behaving normally. Playing games and streaming music for hours and STILL good at the end of the day? No way was mine ever that good. Even on the good days of me barely using it, I have to charge it at night or else Ide have nothing the next morning.

I still refuse to cripple the phone by disabling things that I want. Like WiFi or bluetooth. I dont watn to have to turn my bluetooth on/off each time I get out of the car. Silly.

I noticed today that Ive been on Edge network...or E next to my status bars. Its been dropping to no signal. My co-worker sitting next to me with his Galaxy Siii has 4G no problem. That cant be good for my battery usage for sure. This is so annoying.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Some of these claims, like the one above, seem unbelievable to me.

Not in the sense that I think people are lying...but in the sense that I could NEVER get my phone to last that long even on the "good" days when it seems to be behaving normally. Playing games and streaming music for hours and STILL good at the end of the day? No way was mine ever that good. Even on the good days of me barely using it, I have to charge it at night or else Ide have nothing the next morning.

I still refuse to cripple the phone by disabling things that I want. Like WiFi or bluetooth. I dont watn to have to turn my bluetooth on/off each time I get out of the car. Silly.

I noticed today that Ive been on Edge network...or E next to my status bars. Its been dropping to no signal. My co-worker sitting next to me with his Galaxy Siii has 4G no problem. That cant be good for my battery usage for sure. This is so annoying.

Why would you want Wifi? Just use your 4G (which would be LTE).

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want Wifi? Just use your 4G (which would be LTE).

Simply put, 2 reasons:
1) some of us are on a quite limited data plan, and these plans are not always very nicely priced. I have an old old 200mb data plan with AT&T that doesnt seem to exist anymore, the next upgrade is to 300mb; I know I don't need even 1GB on my phone, I think my battery would run out before my data usage.

2) Wifi is more stable and typically faster in my experience, especially if you are using company/school wifi. It's a very reliable way of getting your data through. Plus, not everywhere (especially indoor/in office, in complex buildings, etc) has good 4G/LTE signal, your phone would then be constantly looking for a network and eventually use up a lot of battery. These places often have wi-fi.

So yes, wifi is quite important.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Simply put, 2 reasons:
1) some of us are on a quite limited data plan, and these plans are not always very nicely priced. I have an old old 200mb data plan with AT&T that doesnt seem to exist anymore, the next upgrade is to 300mb; I know I don't need even 1GB on my phone, I think my battery would run out before my data usage.

2) Wifi is more stable and typically faster in my experience, especially if you are using company/school wifi. It's a very reliable way of getting your data through. Plus, not everywhere (especially indoor/in office, in complex buildings, etc) has good 4G/LTE signal, your phone would then be constantly looking for a network and eventually use up a lot of battery. These places often have wi-fi.

So yes, wifi is quite important.

Okay, seems you americans don't really got a too good cellular network, guess that makes Wifi more important. Over here in Sweden we got 50 Mbit LTE networks (even inside buildings) in most of the bigger cities, and most of our data plans are 5 or 10 Gb.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
47% left after 36 hours

Sent about 120 texts
browsing a bit
Facebook
Took about 40 pictures
30 minutes of games

that's nuts, I get 16 hours a day, no background apps running either

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
After 5-6 full cycles, I'm getting about 26 hrs on a charge. Which I am REALLY happy with. I have 3 email accounts continually pushing emails down. A lot of text+facebook messaging. Roughly 1.5 hours of phone calls in a day. Constant browsing and checking fantasy football. And the occasional xbox game.

That first couple of days was definitely worth the wait.

what cycles?

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I usually get around 1.5 days off a full charge with normal usage.
Medium brightness
WIFI always ON.
4G/LTE connection at home and @ work.
1 outlook account (Push notifications)
1 GMAIL (set as Exchange, set to receive mail as it arrives)
1 Yahoo (Set to check every hour)
Browse Web for an hour or so during the day. Read Engadget and Verge for 20 mins in morning. Whatsapp and metrotalk running. Accuweather and XE currency live tiles running. No FB account set up.
Talk for about 45 mins - 1 hr per day.
NFC off.
Bluetooth Off.
Location mostly off.
Every now and then after I install some new app like Poynt etc I notice the battery drains quicker and reverts back to normal after I have uninstalled the app. Skype used to be a major battery hog and I havent had any problems since I uninstalled it .
View attachment 27380

This is ridiculous! Well, 1.5 days (29hrs) is what i'm getting with heavy heavy use. But that Screen shot.... Jesus Christ!!! I know its not that accurate but damn... 1day 11hrs since last charge and 1 day 9hrs left with 39% battery life.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My average battery life is 15-16 hours and I do a lot of texting and social networking and music apps.

I never leave my phone on charger over night, it gets topped off before I head to bed and when I wake up it's still at 100%.

My L900 used to have the same battery drainage when I first got it as well, only 12-15 hours a day now it lasts 2 days. You're battery will get better over time if you know how to charge it properly, i.e. don't leave it charging over night as it only takes 2.3 hours to finish charging from 0-100% and you're sleeping 6-8 hours. The rest of the time that it's left plugged in degrades the battery life and it loses the charge.

ZiiimZooon

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
47% left after 36 hours

Sent about 120 texts
browsing a bit
Facebook
Took about 40 pictures
30 minutes of games

Still love my batterylife! :D
wp_ss_20130124_0001.png

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think, to paint a clearer picture, it's important that we at least share the country we are in when reporting our battery usage, since phones are tweaked slightly for every carrier around the world and cellular network reliability also plays a heavy role in this.

As for me, I get around 11 hours per day under moderate usage. I use AT&T in the US.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I keep background tasks to a minimum, NFC is always off. Bluetooth is always off. WiFi is off when I'm not home. I have my screen timing out after 30 seconds. I am constantly placing my phone on its charging pad so I am a tough one to ask about battery life, however I can see my Lumia easily getting through two days without any kind of charge based on my average use. For a phone that you just can't put down I'd say it's battery life is very very good.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It massively varies..

If I never use the phone it eventually gets to the point where it's barely using power. Sipping it.

If I use it, then apps steal a lot of power, even when I'm not using them. Even after I've closed them. OS BUG!

Generally, without much use, I can get a day (8am-11pm) from AT&T. If I use the phone, less.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, am I the only one who has to restart his 920 after charging overnight? It was off charger for 9 hours last night and in that amount of time dropped to 81% which is crazy. So I do a soft reset and it jumps up to 96%. Will an exchange help?

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's battery behaves different I guess. I don't have the 920, but I wanted to see what you peeps were saying. I thought my battery life was caca, but it has seemed to stabilize. I guess that's what a majority of W8 users are experiencing.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I get over a day before it hits battery saver mode at 20% on a normal day. But then when I hammer it playing games, surfing more, using location services or taking more pictures (such as when I'm travelling or on holiday!) I have struggled to get to the end of the day. But that was pre-amber and battery life for me seems to have improved a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans