Hi I just abandoned my iPhone for a Nokia Lumia 920 and i am slowly discovering WP8.

One BIG disappointment : when watching online video, youTube and others, or Listening to podcasts (Podcasts! app), there is no "rocker button" or "moving dot" to quickly skim through the video to arrive a a given point. Only forward / backwards button, no way to zip through the timeline. The only place I see one is on the movies I take with the camera, but nowhere else.

I find impossible that this does not exist in a 2012 operating system. So where is it?, is there a preference to change?

Thanks

Andr
    11-21-2012 11:47 AM
    It seems to depend on the app. The "official" Youtube app rather sucks and doesn't have what you're describing. However, I use MetroTube and it does have it.
    11-21-2012 12:53 PM
    i'm a convert myself and did a bit of head-scratching when faced with this. for web movies and such, when the controls are on the screen, if you touch the forward and back controls, there is not a smooth seek but a jump forward/backward by a few seconds. i, for one, would love to see a bit more streaming movie player buffer integration and smooth seek into the player controls.
    11-21-2012 01:34 PM