04-22-2013 08:12 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    I baby my cyan 920 and constantly wipe off the screen but I also notice some surface scratches on the screen... I never put the phone in my pocket I have a poach for it...I cant see the scratches with the screen on (a good thing) but just knowing that they are there bothers me I am constantly trying to rub them out.... Its my OCD and the fact that I dont know how they got there.
    12-27-2012 06:36 PM
    On my first 920 (Got a warranty replacement) after only a few weeks I already had some micro scratches nothing bad but noticeable under direct light with the screen off. This surprised me because I really expected this device to be better in this regard. To be fare I did a bunch of metal drilling the first week I got the 920. I got a piece of metal stuck to the magnet on the inside of the case I was using to carry the device. This scratched the back of the device and might have caused the micro scratches. This is why when I am at work my new 920 is in a Otterbox Defender case. I seldom carry my devices in my pocket at work because I am always getting debris like metal flakes and dirt in my pockets. Something to keep in mind when carrying your device in your pocket. Pockets love to catch flying debris.
    12-27-2012 07:16 PM
    Same for me.. today morning noticed a few scratches which are visible on a switched-off screen :( Now replacing it would also a pain for me, coz I got my device from outside India :/

Just remember a fall face down on a flat surface. And I carry it in my pocket with keys at times. I never thought of a screen guard thinking of Corning Gorilla and all, plus a few reports of screen guard actually using up battery coz of the Lumia's sensitive screen.
    12-31-2012 12:53 AM
    I use a dedicated pocket for my Lumia. It is rarely in contact with anything other than my hands and that pocket.

Never use a case, my 800 (black) had gotten a nice shiny patina to it and I expect the 920 to age gracefully as well.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    12-31-2012 04:25 AM
    Anyone has tried the product called Displex before?

Fast Action Scratch Remover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Buy Fix It! The Scratch Has Met Its Match

If yes, care to share the outcome
    01-05-2013 02:08 AM
    My lumia 920 also has a couple of very thin scratches that are only visible during direct light and many microscratches and are very very difficult to see. Not a real problem when the screen is on but still I am a bit disappointed and I wish there was a way to remove the oleofobic coating because im pretty sure that is what is getting scratched (since I can't feel the scratches). Does anyone know how to remove this coating?
    01-17-2013 08:34 AM
    Exact same with me two small scratches one across from the nokia logo and one half way down at that side. Never dropped, never in a pocket and carried in a neoprene shock sock case.
    01-17-2013 08:36 AM
    Just today I suddenly noticed several small scratches on my screen, even though I've threated my Lumia 920 extremely well. In comparison I recently sold my iPhone 4 after having used it for two years, with a completely scratch less screen. Highly disappointing, and rather annoying. I'm planning to have it looked at one of the next days. Hopefully it can be fixed..
    01-22-2013 11:12 AM
    I got my Lumia 920 17 days ago and noticed a scratch this morning. Friggin makes me sick that ATT will not do anything. I had an HTC HD7 and after 2 years no scratches.
    01-22-2013 11:23 AM
    I have a feeling your "deep scratch" is actually a shallow scratch, in the oleophobic chemical layer that prevents smudging/oil build up. In which case, the gorilla glass itself is unaffected.
    Does it matter what scratched? What is the point of putting a visibly scratchable layer over the scratch resistant layer? I recently discovered that I have a huge scratch THROUGH my screen protector.... still mystified about that. Screen was flawless out of the box when I put the protector on.
    01-22-2013 02:51 PM
    Mine is a of the latest batch, It also has only the AT&T logo on the corner not the Logo + the AT&T words, and the glass seems to be very hard to scratch. The other day I was working in my car with some nose pliers and forgot my phone was glass up on the front seat, I finished with the pliers and threw them to the front seat, the pliers hit the glass dead center, took a look a the phone and was surprise that not a single scratch was in it.
    01-22-2013 07:05 PM
    Mine is a of the latest batch, It also has only the AT&T logo on the corner not the Logo + the AT&T words, and the glass seems to be very hard to scratch. The other day I was working in my car with some nose pliers and forgot my phone was glass up on the front seat, I finished with the pliers and threw them to the front seat, the pliers hit the glass dead center, took a look a the phone and was surprise that not a single scratch was in it.
    I wish my phone only had the "death star" on it.......!
    01-22-2013 07:19 PM
    I always carry my l920 in my pocket(jeans). My phone fell of my hands once, screen right to floor(got scared). I have no scratch, so just imo i dont even think a screen guard is worth it
    01-22-2013 07:41 PM
    I have several scratches... and Nokia denied to fix them... live with it.
    01-22-2013 10:42 PM
    I have a decent amount of scratches and tend to generate new ones pretty easily. Took it to AT&T and they didn't seem to think it was a big deal, good news is I'm about to warranty my phone for freezing and not being able to hard reset and if they try to deny me for scratches I can tell them how little of a deal it is to AT&T reps.
    01-23-2013 02:47 PM
    No scratches on mine. Have had mine in the same pocket as keys, brought it to the beach and get covered in sand and it still looks good.
    01-23-2013 07:54 PM
    Have mine for two weeks now, took it out with me only 2 times in my pocket, and I got a small deep scratch on top of the screen...
    02-03-2013 04:06 PM
    I actually have a couple VERY minor scratches on my screen. They're hard to see, but knowing they're there is enough for it to bother me a bit.
    Same here. You can see them with proper reflection of light. My friend's L920 has them too.
    02-03-2013 08:38 PM
    Hi guys, if you're wondering how you get scratches from no where, this video will explain why

It sure made me understand how can those test with keys and coins pass. jolly joy right
    02-03-2013 09:46 PM
    Earrings are known to scratch the gorillas! Sure you aren't wearing one?
    02-04-2013 12:16 AM
    have a very minor scratch on my 920 that i've had since november(have to have direct light and screen off). But i've never had a screen scratch after 4 years of iPhones(4 devices). Same behaviour(ie a dedicated phone pocket with nothing else in the pocket). Could just be dumb luck that maybe i just happened to have scratched it on something particularly sharp but i'm guessing the glass is more susceptible to very fine scratches than whatever glass was on my iPhones.
    02-04-2013 12:21 AM
    Hi guys, if you're wondering how you get scratches from no where, this video will explain why

It sure made me understand how can those test with keys and coins pass. jolly joy right
    Huh, thats awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
    02-04-2013 12:37 AM
    I feel for u mate. After two weeks of usage, i can feel the scratch thru my fingernails. Btw, nothing else except the 920 on my left pocket

04-10-2013 01:45 PM
    wow ,awesome !!!
    04-11-2013 04:28 AM
    I've got a 920 and don't put anything else except for my phone in the pocket, but still ive got lots of minor scratches. I dont know where it came from.
    04-22-2013 12:46 PM
101 ... 2345