Lumia 920's screen is easy to scratch?

Dare2Blink

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
My lumia 920 also has a couple of very thin scratches that are only visible during direct light and many microscratches and are very very difficult to see. Not a real problem when the screen is on but still I am a bit disappointed and I wish there was a way to remove the oleofobic coating because im pretty sure that is what is getting scratched (since I can't feel the scratches). Does anyone know how to remove this coating?

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920's screen i easy to scratch?

Exact same with me two small scratches one across from the nokia logo and one half way down at that side. Never dropped, never in a pocket and carried in a neoprene shock sock case.

danjah

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Just today I suddenly noticed several small scratches on my screen, even though I've threated my Lumia 920 extremely well. In comparison I recently sold my iPhone 4 after having used it for two years, with a completely scratch less screen. Highly disappointing, and rather annoying. I'm planning to have it looked at one of the next days. Hopefully it can be fixed..

macutvol

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my Lumia 920 17 days ago and noticed a scratch this morning. Friggin makes me sick that ATT will not do anything. I had an HTC HD7 and after 2 years no scratches.

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I have a feeling your "deep scratch" is actually a shallow scratch, in the oleophobic chemical layer that prevents smudging/oil build up. In which case, the gorilla glass itself is unaffected.

Does it matter what scratched? What is the point of putting a visibly scratchable layer over the scratch resistant layer? I recently discovered that I have a huge scratch THROUGH my screen protector.... still mystified about that. Screen was flawless out of the box when I put the protector on.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Mine is a of the latest batch, It also has only the AT&T logo on the corner not the Logo + the AT&T words, and the glass seems to be very hard to scratch. The other day I was working in my car with some nose pliers and forgot my phone was glass up on the front seat, I finished with the pliers and threw them to the front seat, the pliers hit the glass dead center, took a look a the phone and was surprise that not a single scratch was in it.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine is a of the latest batch, It also has only the AT&T logo on the corner not the Logo + the AT&T words, and the glass seems to be very hard to scratch. The other day I was working in my car with some nose pliers and forgot my phone was glass up on the front seat, I finished with the pliers and threw them to the front seat, the pliers hit the glass dead center, took a look a the phone and was surprise that not a single scratch was in it.
I wish my phone only had the "death star" on it.......!

francisco velasquez

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I always carry my l920 in my pocket(jeans). My phone fell of my hands once, screen right to floor(got scared). I have no scratch, so just imo i dont even think a screen guard is worth it

TonePhone

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a decent amount of scratches and tend to generate new ones pretty easily. Took it to AT&T and they didn't seem to think it was a big deal, good news is I'm about to warranty my phone for freezing and not being able to hard reset and if they try to deny me for scratches I can tell them how little of a deal it is to AT&T reps.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
No scratches on mine. Have had mine in the same pocket as keys, brought it to the beach and get covered in sand and it still looks good.

Joshoon

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Have mine for two weeks now, took it out with me only 2 times in my pocket, and I got a small deep scratch on top of the screen...

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
have a very minor scratch on my 920 that i've had since november(have to have direct light and screen off). But i've never had a screen scratch after 4 years of iPhones(4 devices). Same behaviour(ie a dedicated phone pocket with nothing else in the pocket). Could just be dumb luck that maybe i just happened to have scratched it on something particularly sharp but i'm guessing the glass is more susceptible to very fine scratches than whatever glass was on my iPhones.

hegalong

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I feel for u mate. After two weeks of usage, i can feel the scratch thru my fingernails. Btw, nothing else except the 920 on my left pocket

2EDCE832-5F42-402E-BD51-733D18D293BE-592-000000ED14E3C1CC.jpg

Fsk101

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 920 and don't put anything else except for my phone in the pocket, but still ive got lots of minor scratches. I dont know where it came from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234