Lumia 920's screen is easy to scratch?

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920's screen i easy to scratch?

But I'm used to it... when something is unlikely to happen... it happens to me. I guess I'm cursed.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

I joined a few months ago............

Not you, the one who posted the video....I guess am trying to get used to the new forum. Hit the reply button instead of reply with quote.

These scratch posts concern me. I am sure we will be getting a screen protector for ours.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

Not you, the one who posted the video....I guess am trying to get used to the new forum. Hit the reply button instead of reply with quote.

These scratch posts concern me. I am sure we will be getting a screen protector for ours.

I would have got one if it wasn't from the guy at the store who told me "The screen is unlikely to be scratched, except for really minor scratches"

Salesmen Simon! Salesmen... don't listen to them

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

I would have got one if it wasn't from the guy at the store who told me "The screen is unlikely to be scratched, except for really minor scratches"

Salesmen Simon! Salesmen... don't listen to them

Yeah, that's crap. The salesman was doing the opposite of his job. I usually don't believe salesmen, so I do the opposite, usually that's passing on everything though.

big_slim750

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a couple VERY minor scratches on my screen. They're hard to see, but knowing they're there is enough for it to bother me a bit.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I actually have a couple VERY minor scratches on my screen. They're hard to see, but knowing they're there is enough for it to bother me a bit.

I don't mind about small scratches as long as I don't see it when the device is open... but this one... I see it.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

No need to apologize Simon, it was an attempt at levity, and not your fault either way. The point of my post remains the same: my screen is flawless after about two weeks of use. I contend if people are experiencing scratches it is probably a production issue with the GG2 or whatever is covering it (as some people are saying).

I am tempted to drag the edge of a paper clip across mine to prove how strong it is but I don't want to knock on the devil's door; he might just answer. All I can say is after normal wear and tear my 920 looks out-of-the-box new. If you are experiencing issues, I say it is a production issue with that batch. The 920 is a better phone than my 3GS and Evo Shift by far in terms of quality.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

No need to apologize Simon, it was an attempt at levity, and not your fault either way. The point of my post remains the same: my screen is flawless after about two weeks of use. I contend if people are experiencing scratches it is probably a production issue with the GG2 or whatever is covering it (as some people are saying).

I am tempted to drag the edge of a paper clip across mine to prove how strong it is but I don't want to knock on the devil's door; he might just answer. All I can say is after normal wear and tear my 920 looks out-of-the-box new. If you are experiencing issues, I say it is a production issue with that batch. The 920 is a better phone than my 3GS and Evo Shift by far in terms of quality.

The build quality is awesome, no doubt. I was just shocked. I will bring it to the Rogers Plus store tomorrow and see what they can do, it will probably cost me 130$ or so... I'm not expecting a free replacement of the screen (if that is even possible)

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Simon, contact someone from Nokia, and keep pressing. They should stand behind their phone. I have not used a screen protector since my old Treo many years ago; modern screens are too tough (although my Evo Shift has some scratches after 2 years, I was still impressed with the quality). I just don't understand how the screen could scratch unless it was a production issue, which might be possible considering the rushed and disorganized launch.

Hope I don't experience any issues but like I have stated, my 920 is smooth as glass. Good luck man.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

You might be able to get it replaced and say that it scratched way easily. That is bizarre. Really is. You aren;t a surfer or beach bum are you? ;)

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

You might be able to get it replaced and say that it scratched way easily. That is bizarre. Really is. You aren;t a surfer or beach bum are you? ;)

No haha I live in Canada, there is no beach and it's almost winter.. hahaha

I will try to find a way through without paying for a replacement

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm not buying it and I don't believe "production issues" with the glass nor the coating. I absolutely torture 920 as well as the 800 I have. There's the one video where the guys smacks a 920 with a 2x4 and sends 30 feet or so crashing into a parking lot. barely did anything to the phone. These scratches aren't happening by just being pulled out of jeans pockets or dragged across an open book. They ought to have some kind of a test at all the stores for anyone that brings their phone back for a scratched screen. Try and scratch it with a knife or something and if it doesn't scratch hand the phone back with a smile and a "nice try".

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm not buying it and I don't believe "production issues" with the glass nor the coating. I absolutely torture 920 as well as the 800 I have. There's the one video where the guys smacks a 920 with a 2x4 and sends 30 feet or so crashing into a parking lot. barely did anything to the phone. These scratches aren't happening by just being pulled out of jeans pockets or dragged across an open book. They ought to have some kind of a test at all the stores for anyone that brings their phone back for a scratched screen. Try and scratch it with a knife or something and if it doesn't scratch hand the phone back with a smile and a "nice try".

Yeah of course... I will scratch my own Lumia 920 for fun and then maybe have to pay 130$ to have it replaced... just like that.

Cuz I like throwing money out of the window.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

No, people are saying take the phone into the store for a free replacement because the screen was scratched by taking the phones out of jeans or some other circumstance that doesn't make sense. The stores ought to have some kind of scratch test beforehand.

I'm just saying that these screens are tough and I don't believe it is a production issue. It SUCKS your screen is scratched. It would piss me off royally. Wait until you get your first scratch or dent in your brand new car. Anyway, something happened. Got it, you can't fathom what it is, but the phone got dragged against something hard and it's your bad luck.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

He probably missed the part were I said that I don't know how it happened, so it's probably not it my pocket that it happened but I didn't drop it and I can't remember having it in my pocket with my keys. Gorilla Glass is supposed to be tough, so maybe you don't believe me, but it's not like that really matters... I was looking for similar stories as mine.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo