More Nokia Lumia 920 Sim-free Stock Coming To Clove Early December

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just received this email from the guys at Clove UK.

We are pleased to inform you that we are now expecting more stock of the Nokia Lumia 920 to arrive on Wednesday December 5th.

Please visit the following link if you would like to place an order.

http://www.clove.co.uk/nokia-lumia-920

We will be receiving stock of the Lumia 920 in Black, Red and White. Stock is very limited again and will be allocated on a first-come,first-served basis.

The last batch of Lumia 920 stock that we receivedearlier this month sold out overnight so we would advise placing an order ASAP to avoid missing out.

We can confirm that this stock is SIM-free/carrierunlocked and is 4G/LTE compatible.

We will begin shipping orders as soon as stock arrives inthe first week of December.

If you have already placed an order for the Lumia 920 please disregard this email.

The Clove Technology Sales Team.

Last edited:

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I got that email too :) Just ordered myself up a White one...Hoping for delivery on the 6th cause that way there's a chance someone will be in to sign for it! (All hail the Amazon Locker for those of us who aren't allowed personal deliveries at work :( ) My original hope was for taking delivery pre-December but I guess one more week can't hurt that much....Expansys order cancelled...

On another note, if you're a Metro Bank customer in the UK make note that Clove's payment system didn't care too much for my MasterCard Debit card :( ....

luckylifo

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I am beginning to have second thoughts about ordering from clove. My final order amount was about ?530. Add a wireless charging plate and the cost jumps to around ?575. Now, Phones4U are selling EE/T-Mobile locked Red Lumia for ?460 with a free wireless charger. So that's a difference of whopping ?115!! Throw in ?6.50 phones4u cashback from quidco and the difference is ?120.

So I wonder if there are any other benefits of getting the factory unlocked version as opposed to buying one from Phones4U and getting it unlocked after 3 months?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That's about the right difference for a subsidised vs unsubsidised device (bear in mind 520 is the retail price, EE ARE subsidising).

My original decision in September was that if it was 500 or less I'd buy it without thinking. 30 quid more given the short supply I can cope with right now and I'll get the wireless charger soon.

There are 2 main advantages to the clove device: 1) its a Nokia EMEA standard unlocked model, not a branded model (you will still have to wait for EE to approve an update), and 2) there is no way in **** im paying ?470 for a device I can't use for three months. The reason exclusives are stupid is because people are already in contracts with other networks. I may potentially have entertained moving to T-Mobile (maybe even EE) if it weren't for the fact im contracted to Vodafone until mid 2014...a lot of people are in the same position as me...

luckylifo

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
1) its a Nokia EMEA standard unlocked model, not a branded model (you will still have to wait for EE to approve an update)

Sorry for the silly question, but I don't understand how EE would be involved in the update process. Especially in 2013, when 920 won't be exclusive to them.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the silly question, but I don't understand how EE would be involved in the update process. Especially in 2013, when 920 won't be exclusive to them.

Because the devices sold by EE (and currently by Phones4u) have an EE-customised firmware installed. Thankfully, Microsoft are more sensible than Android about this and allow only very limited customisations, but any operator can still choose to make customisations, apps, activating/deactivating features, IE home page etc. When this happens, it means that for (at least major) updates the operator needs to approve the update works with their customisations. It doesn't take anywhere near as long on Windows Phone as Android, and Microsoft are MUCH better at kicking the operators into cooperation, but it still happens.

I (and many others) simply prefer having the device as Microsoft and Nokia intended, and to get the updates according to when Microsoft and Nokia make them available, without an operator delay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99