Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

superfox

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Finally after three weeks i got the code for my 920 from wwww.cellphoneunlock.net. My phone was locked to the UK EE network. The code worked for me and i am now using my 920 on the UK Voda network. I did have to manually enter the internet apn settings for Voda.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone with an unlocked Lumia 920 been successful with getting Internet Sharing to work? That appears to be the only thing not working for me (Rogers unlocked).

Illumninator

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone with an unlocked Lumia 920 been successful with getting Internet Sharing to work? That appears to be the only thing not working for me (Rogers unlocked).

Ive just unlocked mine from ee and put in my giff gaff sim.I had to manually select the mobile network to get the sim to work initially.I tryed internet sharing and it wasnt working but once i put in my giffgaff apn settings all was well and my data and internet sharing came back online.I used unlock frog and they sent me a code which was in the old non lumia nokia format #pw+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+7#.I had to start the phone with a non recognised sim and enter the code between the + signs as someone mentioned above then it worked.Now my phones 4u lumia is on Giff Gaff : -)

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ive just unlocked mine from ee and put in my giff gaff sim.I had to manually select the mobile network to get the sim to work initially.I tryed internet sharing and it wasnt working but once i put in my giffgaff apn settings all was well and my data and internet sharing came back online.I used unlock frog and they sent me a code which was in the old non lumia nokia format #pw+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+7#.I had to start the phone with a non recognised sim and enter the code between the + signs as someone mentioned above then it worked.Now my phones 4u lumia is on Giff Gaff : -)

So when you go to Settings > Internet Sharing, and turn ON, you don't get the message, "There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal, and try again."?

All my APN settings work fine, but internet sharing does not. Good on you if it does.

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
hello thanks for the replies, I have tried what the above poster has said and can confirm it works,
Thank You
Yus
now to use this phone on the o2 network after a month of gathering dust lol....

Is Internet Sharing working for you? Some reports of unlocked 920s not allowing Sharing

yustheman

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
hmm no it doesnt seem to be working, i wonder if it needs a firmware update or maybe phones4u crippled it with the ee network firmware? either way lets take it one step at a time, just having it unlocked made my day today lol.

avoidconfusion

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
UnlockFrog seem to be really good guys, they will get me a new unlock code for my new phone even though I suppose technically it is not their responsibility to do so since it is not their fault the Lumia I had had to be returned.

Still waiting for the new code but I am sure I will get it soon and I am confident it will work.

treble3

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
UnlockFrog seem to be really good guys, they will get me a new unlock code for my new phone even though I suppose technically it is not their responsibility to do so since it is not their fault the Lumia I had had to be returned.

Still waiting for the new code but I am sure I will get it soon and I am confident it will work.

hi mate out of interest did you use the ups service for returns? how long do they take im used to apple mine went today faulty sim card holder
i hope i get it back fro xmas i was going to get it unlocked yesterday glad i waited now hopefully the ?54 will be less when i get mine back

avoidconfusion

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
hi mate out of interest did you use the ups service for returns? how long do they take im used to apple mine went today faulty sim card holder
i hope i get it back fro xmas i was going to get it unlocked yesterday glad i waited now hopefully the ?54 will be less when i get mine back

Walked into an EE store near where I live (not even the one where I bought it from), they didn't have one in stock to exchange it but they called like 5 different EE stores in the vicinity until one of them said they have one in stock and would exchange my faulty one. So I drove there and exchanged it in person.

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Tried cellunlocker last week, and they were unable to do it. Tried CanadaGSM this week, and just got an email yesterday stating the same.

Trying cellunlocker again today. They were very prompt and the cheapest, and seem to have the best success. Hopefully my code will be in their database.

I have ROGERS LUMIA, 47/2012

treble3

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Walked into an EE store near where I live (not even the one where I bought it from), they didn't have one in stock to exchange it but they called like 5 different EE stores in the vicinity until one of them said they have one in stock and would exchange my faulty one. So I drove there and exchanged it in person.
Cheers Mine was 17 days old so couldn't go the ee route

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos