Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

inocane

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Just unlock L920 (PAYG Orange, UK [EE]).
Used UnlockFrog, Order made 4/12 - code received 11/12.
Didn't have a Micro sim from different network - waited for today...
They gave code in #pw+xxxxxxxxxx+z# Putted only xxxxxxxx after inserting "unacceptable" sim.
Internet sharing working without any problems.
Still showing EE as carrier in Settings/About.

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
First negative response :( Not expecting an unlock code today after they check their alternate database.

"We apologize for any delays with your order, we are just trying an alternative database. Please do not worry as if we cannot generate a code for you, you will be refunded 100%.

Also, just in case you made an error when placing your order:

Please verify your phone's IMEI number (press *#06#) and the network your phone was locked to.

If all your information is correct, please wait patiently for the alternative database results.
If you have any other questions please do not hestiate to contact us.

In order to serve you faster, DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT of this e-mail so we can forward your inquiries to the correct department if you decide to reply to this email.

Cellunlocker Team"

kaybal1

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading all the post and interesting to see that no one has been able to unlock their Lumia 920. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from AT&T with no commitment. So let me tell you guys my dilenma.

Ok, I want to use mine on T-mobile network. So I bought it no commitment on our company's account. After that, I called AT&T on Dec 4th that I need to unlock the phone because I'll be travelling to Europe for work on and off and I'll like to use another SIM card on my phone. Fair enough, the guy looked at the account and saw that it was no commitment, and tried to look for the code but couldn't fine it. He place me on hold and when he finally got back, he said they can unlock it but they need proof of purchase that I paid full price. He gave me a case number. I faxed the proof to them and they gave me a resolution date of 12/12/12. I called them last week and they told me they don't have the code and still waiting on the manufacturer for the code. (This will tell folks here who are been told by those unlocking sites that AT&T will release the code soon, IT'S A LIE. AT&T don't even have the codes yet)
Well, back on my story, fortunately, I got the code on email today. I went to T-mobile and got a new SIM card. I put in the sim card, turn on the phone and got the following message: "The SIM card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code. 10 attempts remaining". "Enter PIN".

I entered the unlock code I got from AT&T and it says "incorect pin".

I've been on phone with AT&T all evening and they still can't do anything about it. They are confused. I'm confused too, because, this is not the 1st phone I'm unlocking. It's always simple. Put in the code once and BAM, it's unlocked.

Does, anyone have a clue what I'm or WE are doing wrong?

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ive read stories like yours where AT&T actually gave out a code, but it didnt work. From what i understand... long story short... they arent giving out any unlock codes for this phone, no matter what. Once their exclusivity deal ends, then it may be a different story.

I too bought one on AT&T, and in the end just returned it. I wound up going to Canada, buying a Rogers Lumia, with TMOBILE 1700 band, and now waiting for the unlock code. This now seems to be a waiting game for me... Just not 6+ months like those with the AT&T version

Racerx1234

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the problem with yours is that the ATandT units don't have pentaband, and support the AWS 1700/2100 frequency that Tmo uses. So even if it is unlocked, you can't use it on Tmo. That's just what I'm thinking.
This is unlock the Rogers Lumia 920, which does have pentaband and has been proven to work on AWS.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
For anyone with a Rogers Lumia 920, while I'm sure its more expensive than online unlockers, if you don't want to wait you don't have it. Rogers will gladly unlock it for $50.
Just sayin for anyone who is impatiently waiting...

kaybal1

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the problem with yours is that the ATandT units don't have pentaband, and support the AWS 1700/2100 frequency that Tmo uses. So even if it is unlocked, you can't use it on Tmo. That's just what I'm thinking.
This is unlock the Rogers Lumia 920, which does have pentaband and has been proven to work on AWS.

Actually it will work on T-mobile now. T-mobile have started refarming there network to 1900 frequency for their 3G/4G. Even Iphones work on T-mobile now. The lumia 920 will work on T-mobile in most major cities in USA. It should work in the whole USA by mid 2013 when they finish refarming. In those cities that still waiting to be refarm, it will only have Edge not 3G/4G

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
through someone who works through rogers.... believe me he and i have tried everything.

i actually am on the phone now with Rogers and think i have finally have a shot of getting this thing unlocked. will post with update. The things you have to do to get this thing unlocked lol

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
through someone who works through rogers.... believe me he and i have tried everything.

i actually am on the phone now with Rogers and think i have finally have a shot of getting this thing unlocked. will post with update. The things you have to do to get this thing unlocked lol

Yeah, that's par for the course with that wretched company! lol
Just tell them you need it unlocked because you are going overseas for a few months. You will get a Rogers plan when you return, but you need the phone to work in the interim.

For crying out loud, you are going to PAY them to unlock.... :)

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
well i need a helping hand. I seem to have a way to get this unlocked.. but i need one thing... an UNUSED and NEW Rogers SIM CARD.

does anyone have one lying around that they dont plan on using, and give me the sim card number? Please PM me. This seems to be the only way right now

machina

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
One of the reliable source to unlock a Rogers network locked Nokia Lumia 920 is UnlockZone.Com , This site provides accurate unlock codes at affordable cost with easy step by step unlocking instructions.

and so is every other unlocking service I've tried... they were all reliable.
The question is, have they successfully unlocked a Rogers Lumia 920 47/2012? or are you just spamming.

ipeefreeli

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if the 48/2012 batch unlock codes have made it out to the unlock websites? My local unlock store says they can do it, but I just want to make sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720