Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If anyone has successfully unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 (preferably Rogers Nokia Lumia 920, 45/2012 and up) through a 3rd party source please post here. Am dying to find to find out. I have a L920 45/2012 from Rogers that am dying to use it on Wind and so far am not hearing any success stories. I've tried twice so far but got refunded each time so please post here if there has been any success. Am pretty sure there are many others who are in my position.

I will try again before the week is out and let everyone know what's the verdict.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, some folks have successfully unlocked their Rogers 920 through cellunlocker.net. However, not all the Rogers 920's can be unlocked as not all IMEI's have shown up in the database. From the information at hand, it seems that only some of the 44/2012 week builds have been unlocked. I've been told that more IMEI's will be added to their database in the next week or so.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The mods should sticky this thread and have people post:

-which batch their phone is (i.e. 44/2012, 45/2012 etc)
-which third party sites they tried
-what date they tried to unlock
-what the result was

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am currently in the process of trying to unlock my phone from Cellunlocker.net for my UK Orange PAYG phone. I don't know what batch my phone is or how to tell you that but I phoned around every unlocking shop in my area and tried every unlocking site I could find online and only Cellunlocker, another site with a very similar name I forget or Mobileunlocked.co.uk claimed to be able to unlock the phone on the 9/10th of November when I first was looking and got my phone. I decided to use Cellunlocker, as it was the cheapest at the time (cost me ?25 and they're not charging nearly ?40 for the same phone) compared to the ?55 Mobileunlocked.co.uk wanted. I figured that if it went wrong or they couldn't unlock it I could always get my money back through paypal. Also Cellunlocker said they could do it within 3-10 business days whereas the other one said 4-18 business days.

I've repeatedly emailed them over the intervening time and they've reassured me that they are able to unlock the phone and I am due to receive my code today. I'll post back in here when I know more. The website stresses the 3-10 business day thing isn't a hard and fast rule (I believe the 10th day was actually yesterday) but I'm anxious to put my 3 sim in this 920 just like anyone else and I'll let you know when I know more!

EDIT: Just received this mail;

Hi there,Thank you very much for your patience. Unfortunately there's been delay with our manufacturer due to high volume of order for these models. However we are trying our best to rush this order for you, the results will be returning shortly later this week, or next at the week at the latest.

So it seems like I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Monday to get my code. Grr!

Last edited:

yustheman

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I purchased my phone through phones4u UK which was meant to be sim free, the problem i have now is i love the phone too much so i cannot return it. I currently have a sim only deal with o2 and want to use an o2 sim which obviously doesnt work. If i was to use the website you stated above what carrier would i choose? Any help would be appriciated... Also are there any success stories of people using phone4u lumia 920 on networks other that EE/orange/t-mobile??
Thank You
yus

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm aware if O2 isn't on that sites list currently you would have to wait til it is, which I wouldn't expect to be long at all. I have heard of people using Virgin Media Sims as they use the EE back end but nothing other than that.

superfox

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I purchased my phone through phones4u UK which was meant to be sim free, the problem i have now is i love the phone too much so i cannot return it. I currently have a sim only deal with o2 and want to use an o2 sim which obviously doesnt work. If i was to use the website you stated above what carrier would i choose? Any help would be appriciated... Also are there any success stories of people using phone4u lumia 920 on networks other that EE/orange/t-mobile??
Thank You
yus

You would have to use Orange as the carrier it's locked to.

yustheman

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, just one other question, i had a sim free lumia 800 that had a nokia network setup app. Cant seem to find it on the 920?
the app was for using sim cards from other networks it would auto setup with the networks settings.

The Dude66

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Awaiting positive response from Mobileunlocked. While they don't accept new unlock requests for now pending IMEI's will be resend to the unlock dB(?)

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not think that web site is very good. It says "IMEI Number(s) can obtained by keying in *#06# from the dialpad or from the back of the phone." I tried keying #06# and I get code not supported on my Lumia 920 on AT&T and the back of the phone only shows the camera with camera info on it.

You left out the * at the beginning of the sequence from their site. Works fine on my AT&T 920. Put a * in front of the sequence you just noted.

The Dude66

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well bad news. MobileUnlocked got back telling me they, for the time being can't unlock my P4U EE 920. Will try again in a few weeks time and alse via the official way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan