Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance, but I can't find the batch / manufacture date anywhere. I looked at the sticker on the box thousand times (shipped directly from ATT), don't see it.
Where exactly is it? May be someone can post a picture...

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
t-mobile just refarmed my area. i think i'll go straight talk though before i switch to t-mobile as i wanna make sure i can unlock my phone. question is, when to make the switch? seems like att is close to giving out unlock codes and they're far more generous with them if you're an existing customer.

machina

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance, but I can't find the batch / manufacture date anywhere. I looked at the sticker on the box thousand times (shipped directly from ATT), don't see it.
Where exactly is it? May be someone can post a picture...

It's on the box, there's a blue sticker on the side that opens.
below the barcode.. in the form of 4x/2012

Unless other carriers remove the sticker?

Shahid Mehmood

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading all the post and interesting to see that no one has been able to unlock their Lumia 920. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from AT&T with no commitment. So let me tell you guys my dilenma.

Ok, I want to use mine on T-mobile network. So I bought it no commitment on our company's account. After that, I called AT&T on Dec 4th that I need to unlock the phone because I'll be travelling to Europe for work on and off and I'll like to use another SIM card on my phone. Fair enough, the guy looked at the account and saw that it was no commitment, and tried to look for the code but couldn't fine it. He place me on hold and when he finally got back, he said they can unlock it but they need proof of purchase that I paid full price. He gave me a case number. I faxed the proof to them and they gave me a resolution date of 12/12/12. I called them last week and they told me they don't have the code and still waiting on the manufacturer for the code. (This will tell folks here who are been told by those unlocking sites that AT&T will release the code soon, IT'S A LIE. AT&T don't even have the codes yet)
Well, back on my story, fortunately, I got the code on email today. I went to T-mobile and got a new SIM card. I put in the sim card, turn on the phone and got the following message: "The SIM card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code. 10 attempts remaining". "Enter PIN".

I entered the unlock code I got from AT&T and it says "incorect pin".

I've been on phone with AT&T all evening and they still can't do anything about it. They are confused. I'm confused too, because, this is not the 1st phone I'm unlocking. It's always simple. Put in the code once and BAM, it's unlocked.

Does, anyone have a clue what I'm or WE are doing wrong?

hey i just got code from cellunlocker.net after 3 weeks and it worked for me in UK you can try this website now

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Please people, when you reply to this thread, indicate also the location from which you purchased the phone. The batch number alone is not enough to guarantee the device is unlockable, as unlocking codes might be available for specific markets/providers only.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
For those of you requesting unlock codes for EE handsets are you listing the carrier as EE or T Mobile / Orange? The PAYG SIM that came from mine is a orange one but works with a T Mo SIM?

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to say... MY ROGERS LUMIA 920 is finally unlocked!

fully working on T-MOBILE USA!

Noticed cellunlocker.net changed their price to 40 bucks up from 15. asked them why, they said they have a much more reliable database. so i bit the bullet, and in a few hours i had my unlock code!

Good luck to all

EDIT:

Here is a link to me unlocking the phone today.

http://youtu.be/eiuCcq0i19c

Last edited:

superfox

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
For those of you requesting unlock codes for EE handsets are you listing the carrier as EE or T Mobile / Orange? The PAYG SIM that came from mine is a orange one but works with a T Mo SIM?
i used cellphoneunlock.net and selected orange as the network it was locked to. If you are using unlock frog you need to select EE.

machina

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Noticed cellunlocker.net changed their price to 40 bucks up from 15. asked them why, they said they have a much more reliable database. so i bit the bullet, and in a few hours i had my unlock code!

Good luck to all

Congrats! maybe I should give CellUnlocker.net another go now.
And yes I did notice the price bump to $40!!
Desperate times.. lol :grincry:

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! maybe I should give CellUnlocker.net another go now.
And yes I did notice the price bump to $40!!
Desperate times.. lol :grincry:

Yeah, give it another try. Well worth it.

Love the phone... too bad its a present for the wife.....

Was thinking of taking another trip to canada, but.... i think i will wait until the next lumia whenever that is to jump on the wp8 bandwagon.

Asleeper2

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Good luck to all

EDIT:

Here is a link to me unlocking the phone today.

Successful Unlock of Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 - CellUnlocker.net - YouTube

Does the Roger's Lumia 920 support the 1700 band for T-mobile?

jfmanzo

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Does the Roger's Lumia 920 support the 1700 band for T-mobile?

YES. I unlocked my Rogers 920 (45/2012) via cellunlocker and used my WIND card as the alien sim. Wind operates on the frequencies as does T-Mobile USA (AWS) and after entering the APN I was on Wind 3G (Wind has HSPA+ but it seems to be spotty here in Calgary; I got the Wind account so I could use my unlocked 710 and Wind's excellent US roaming package in the US, and once in a blue moon do I get "H" in the status bar). If it works on Wind, it'll work on T-Mo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786