Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

discopotato420

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I finally successfully unlocked my Rogers 920. I had tried in the past but it never went through, so I thought I'd wait till the new year. I received an email the other day from cellunlocker.net
Valued Cellunlocker.net Customer,

We just wanted to send you a quick E-mail to let you know, we now have a method available for unlocking the Rogers Lumia 920.

The method is a little more expensive than our normal rogers unlock codes, but we've had a very high success rate (98%) with this new source. Turnaround time is about 1 business day

Yes the price is only $10 cheaper than going through Rogers, but its still cheaper and you don't have to wait on the phone for hours. Phone build is 45/2012

Leopardos

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
May i ask why would you buy Locked Lumia 920 and not unlocked if your gonna use it in other country or with other sim?
I know that carriers sell it for cheap prices like 30$ monthly or something ? but with contract ... dunno , what the point here ? could any one explain?
Thanks

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I finally successfully unlocked my Rogers 920. I had tried in the past but it never went through, so I thought I'd wait till the new year. I received an email the other day from cellunlocker.net

Yes the price is only $10 cheaper than going through Rogers, but its still cheaper and you don't have to wait on the phone for hours. Phone build is 45/2012

I guess its different based on experiences, but my total time spent on the phone unlocking with Rogers did not exceed 30 minutes.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Awesome. Sounds as though Cellunlocker is the route to go for unlocking Rogers Units. 98% sounds promising...even though it's up to $40 now. Here's hoping to more success stories for unlocking the Lumia 920 through a third party source. I'm waiting patiently to bite the bullet and buying a Rogers Unit.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. Sounds as though Cellunlocker is the route to go for unlocking Rogers Units. 98% sounds promising...even though it's up to $40 now. Here's hoping to more success stories for unlocking the Lumia 920 through a third party source. I'm waiting patiently to bite the bullet and buying a Rogers Unit.
well, this is certainly promising for users outside of Canada who happen to have a Rogers L920. But if the difference is only $10 and you know it can be done 100% for sure, I would still tell a Canadian to go the Rogers route. Like I reported, if the wait is 4 hours, you must be asking the wrong questions. One call, get transferred to unlock dept, and do it while on the phone. I did it high traffic time after dinner and I was on the phone no more than 30 minutes.

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Gameover, I'm glad you finally got your phone unlocked!

Yes finally :)

And thanks for your generosity in offering to help me, even though unlocking via rogers was never going to happen. Good to know there are still some very nice people left in this world. If i an ever help you with anything let me know.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Quick question how permanent are these codes? If I get my EE handset unlocked what happens with firmware updates and factory rest. If the handset gets locked again after doing this can I simply just enter the code again?

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Quick question how permanent are these codes? If I get my EE handset unlocked what happens with firmware updates and factory rest. If the handset gets locked again after doing this can I simply just enter the code again?

Once its unlocked it cant become locked again even after firmware updates and factory restores.

Owen Stevens

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
  • Checking my email every 10 minutes, 24/7, Cellunlocker.net said it could be anywhere from 3 to 10 days, I'm more excited about this than Xmas!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss