Lumia 920, messaging, and media

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the 920. There have been a few times that I have received text messages that state "Get media content now." When I click on the message I hear a noise. However, I cannot retrieve the media content. Does anyone know how I can retrieve this content?

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me as well but on my Samsung focus s. Usually means the picture was corrupted or didn't send right. Ask the person to send it again

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me as well but on my Samsung focus s. Usually means the picture was corrupted or didn't send right. Ask the person to send it again

Thanks for your response. There have been 4 different times that 2 different people have sent text messages with media content. I have not been able to open any of them. It would seem strange that the media content was corrupted all 4 times.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you have your cellular data turned off and running on WiFi only? I've found that if a pic is sent while on WiFi only it does exactly what you're describing.

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
That did it. I knew that someone on here would have the solution. Apparently all of the "media content" related texts were text messages that were sent to multiple people at one time. I typically only use my wifi. However, with those particular text messages I needed to turn on my cellular plan. Again, thanks for your response.

Not Saying

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the "Get Media Content Now" message but am unable to download. I'm on AT&T and haven't been able to locate the app mentioned in the above comments. Anybody have any suggestions? Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)