Best screen protector for the 920?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So I bought 10 protectors on eBay for like $9. Not a bad deal. They are the 3 piece ones where you pull off 1 side, then the other to avoid finger prints I guess. Well, while it does the job it doesn't cover the whole screen. It's not fitted entirely on the top, bottom and sides. I'm guessing because the screen isn't quite flat the protector doesn't sit flush on the edges.

I got a couple more to try, similiar design but same problems.

Anyone have a great one to recommend that sits smooth all the way around and covers most of the screen? I have yet to find one.

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had one from the at&t store and while it worked, I hated the fact that it wasn't slippery lint the power support screen protectors I had for my apple products. Today, I went to my local Gaduru store and they had a black Friday special on their liquid screen protector. They put it on for $7 and I can't believe how slippery it feels. They claimed its supposed to be anti bacterial but who knows. I doubt it performs any physical protection if the screen but I'm generally pretty careful with my devices. I'm pretty happy with it. It seems to show fewer fingerprints, is super clear, and my fingers glide across the screen.

Louis Lau

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi i was just wondering does these full protectors block the front camera and when you make a call does your phone turn black? I had a screen protect that came with my incipio case. It was a very good protector but it blocked the front camera so when making calls the phone turns black till you end the call. Also to note do not get Vikuiti DQC-160 protector from 3m made in Germany. Everything works fine but the windows home key won't work i think due to the number of layer of film that is used. Even when touch sensitively is on high still the home key does not work.

subbu567

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I removed mine after the ugly looking band around the edges where the screen curves.....also the proximity sensor does not like it as dust builds up around the edges and proximity sensor always is on when you call or some one calls!...removed it and currently looking for a solution

Alex Meander

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using ArmorSuit's screen protector and I like it! You should give it a try. It's pretty easy to install and leaves no mess. They have YouTube videos to teach you how to install it too. =)

Sponge920

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (Nokia Lumia 920)

Martin Fields are probably one of the best screen protectors on the market, expensive, but worth every penny imo. As an added bonus, it also protects the rear camera lens/surround.

I've had my 920 for nearly 6 months now and haven't been using a screen protector. It's a lovely screen and I was planning on keeping it naked to get the full joy. :winktongue: But this morning I was cleaning it and noticed a couple of very tiny marks that won't polish out. With all the best intentions in the world, I think it's going to prove impossible to keep it pristine, so I now find myself considering screen protectors.

Any chance of a few comments on what it's like in use and to look at? I've used MF's on DSLRs and been very happy with them, but on a device such as the 920 I'd like to know what it's like before I stump the cash.

I've used Zagg I.S. on phones but no longer like the sticky, spongey feel of them, or the 'orange peel' effect they suffer from. I'm looking for something, well, more invisible. :eek:rly:

Thanks.

freemind

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I removed mine after the ugly looking band around the edges where the screen curves.....also the proximity sensor does not like it as dust builds up around the edges and proximity sensor always is on when you call or some one calls!...removed it and currently looking for a solution
Hi, i have just managed to install screen protector from Krusell, which I am starting to regret, not because of quality (IMHO any screen protector better than nothing). Regret. because it does not look good leaving those bands around the edge of the whole screen. It looks solid, I will wait couple of days, but I do not think it will survive, because it is not totally covering and I suspect that from edges it will slowly peel off.

What about you guys, how it looks on your phone? (i will post image of it later)

update: I've just realized, screen protector from Krusell (and others ...) are just too sturdy, not enough flexible to curve itself "till the edge of the screen" ....hmm, thinking about buying yet other, i am not leaving my nokia unprotected. any tips? best with photo to prove it :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz