My 1 week old 920 today decided to die..

I've had issues with it since day one. Firstly the camera refused to work.. the unit drained of power over a period of two hours, rebooted itself and the camera worked again. I then suffered two unrequested reboots a few days later..
    Finally today, around midday, I realised my phone hadn't made any notification sounds for a long time. I picked it up and it had switched off. Pressed the power button.. nothing..so plugged it into the charger thinking the battery could have drained again. Left it on charge for at least 80 mins, still nothing.. tried both soft and hard reset, nothing.. dead...

Contacted clove UK.. who I have to say have been fantastic, arranged to return it..

It's a shame because I've shouted about WP8 and the 920 to everyone..

It's clear there are some issues both hardware and software with the unit, I really hope they get sorted. For now, I'm back on my android HTC one x

Hope you don't mind if I stick around and contribute to the forum still?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    11-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Unit returned to clove.co.UK they are in the process of testing it. They said the unit is working ok.. so.. how do I prove to then the unit is in fact faulty?

Is Nokia aware of this unit freezing issue? Does anyone have any input from Nokia to say it's a known issue?
    Any help welcome.

11-28-2012 07:55 AM
    Unit returned to clove.co.UK they are in the process of testing it. They said the unit is working ok.. so.. how do I prove to then the unit is in fact faulty?

Is Nokia aware of this unit freezing issue? Does anyone have any input from Nokia to say it's a known issue?
    Any help welcome.

wHAT SCREEN IS BETTER, 1X OR 920?
    11-28-2012 08:02 AM
    I had a defective unit (purchased from Rogers, Canada) - froze every 12-16hours even after I finally took off all the apps. Put up with it for about a week before returning it. Got 2 other Lumia920s (also from Rogers) since and both have been absolutely flawless so far. There are definitely some lemons out there - don't be afraid to return them if you do (Nokia Twitter Support was the one that told me to return my first one). Hopefully they were mainly in the first few production batches that went out and that most now are ok.
    11-28-2012 10:23 AM
    I had to swap out my 822 once but not getting rid it! All new devices have issues at first but this new WP 8 platform is awesome despite the known issues.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    11-28-2012 10:26 AM

Any help welcome.

If I were you, I'd push for a replacement device no matter what. Just because Clove got it working doesn't mean it won't freeze again. You already had problems with it so that should be good enough. If somehow Clove pushes this phone back to you I would contact Nokia for warranty support.
    uktivo likes this.
    11-28-2012 10:33 AM
    Thanks all.. im happy to have a replacement handset but not the one i returned. So I will keep you posted on events.

Re the screen question. thats a tough one.
    Both are good. id be happy (and are) with either..
    11-28-2012 11:47 AM