Horrible signal strength with Rogers (Canada) What should I do?

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to resist my buyer's remorse but I have 10 days left to cancel everything with my carrier.

The thing is that my carrier (Rogers Canada the exclusive carrier for the 920) is that my brand new LTE phone barely gets one bar of signal at home and at work even though both location are marked as full LTE service. In short, I was trying to let someone know that Rogers is blatantly misrepresenting the quality of the service they are offering. If I was a representative of Nokia, I would expect the carrier with which I have an exclusive partnership to provide cell service that put my product in a favorable light.

From my discussion with their customer service, Rogers does not care that I don't get proper service and they would rather loose a customer than rectifying the situation until another unwary customer falls in the same trap. After all there are over 800 soul in the building I work at so there are surely other potential customer waiting to get stung.

At any rate... I want to keep the phone so what should I do? has anyone ever managed to convince a carrier to fix a signal strength problem? Should I buy the phone, unlock it and move on to a carrier that has a real network and not a fake LTE coverage like Rogers?

Thanks

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I was getting low LTE signal in Kitchener but had zero problems with quality or data speed. This was at home for me.

Then the LTE disappeared for about a week and came back, now I get 3-4 bars at home.

Now, when it was low (this was on my 900 btw, just before I got the 920) it would fail-over to 3g automatically with no interruption of phone calls or data as the already weak LTE signal fluctuated. When it gets to a minimum signal strength it switches back. This caused no problems for me.

I understand that it is annoying, but remember that only a very small number of locations even have LTE in Canada. Take it or leave it, that's just how it is.

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention that at home (marked as LTE) I get one bar but it's either one bar of 3G or in my backyard it's one bar of EDGE. Same situation at work. It's mind boggling and quite annoying since all my colleagues have full 4 bars of LTE and of course are making fun of me and windows phone at the same time...

Dramer77

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 920 was showing lower signal in area's i know had better service, up to 2 bars lower than my wifes iphone 5.. i exchanged for another one and it seems much better now..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss