Hear my own voice, breathing noise during call ?

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have the same issue?
I can hear my own voice/breathing noise during call (wind noise when outdoor), which is very annoying.

But I don't have this problem when I am using Skype or other VOIPs

Thank you very much

Harish Rao

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue! I am using the third Lumia920 (first one bought on the day it was released and exchanged in couple of days and second one exchanged through AT&T warranty division for third one). All of the phones had/has issue with this and its frustrating. Today, the representative from AT&T warranty division called to see if I had received my third phone and she asked me 'are you outside in breeze?' I said "if you could hear that its ok, but if I am also hearing it, its a problem!". Not sure if it's the AT&T network or the handset? If I sit in the car and turn the AC/Heater on, the blow of wind through the vent can be heard on the phone! Strange, never happened with any of my old phone!
I am confused! I want Lumia 920, but if this problem is not fixed, I am going away from Nokia for the rest of my life. I feel sad if I do that, but I need to move on!

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue! I am using the third Lumia920 (first one bought on the day it was released and exchanged in couple of days and second one exchanged through AT&T warranty division for third one). All of the phones had/has issue with this and its frustrating. Today, the representative from AT&T warranty division called to see if I had received my third phone and she asked me 'are you outside in breeze?' I said "if you could hear that its ok, but if I am also hearing it, its a problem!". Not sure if it's the AT&T network or the handset? If I sit in the car and turn the AC/Heater on, the blow of wind through the vent can be heard on the phone! Strange, never happened with any of my old phone!

I am confused! I want Lumia 920, but if this problem is not fixed, I am going away from Nokia for the rest of my life. I feel sad if I do that, but I need to move on!

I am not alone.....
But I don't have this issue if I make a call from Skype or other VOIP

alogde#WP

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
i also have it, i personally think its to help you hear in these situation, some feature like select voice monitoring which i have on my tritton headset so that i can hear my own voice

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
When the iPhone had problems with reception Apple said they were holding the phone wrong, so Apple's solution to your problem would probably be you should stop breathing. :smile:

I have not had the problem you describe.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Try to reduce the volume to 8 of 10

Does anyone have the same issue?
I can hear my own voice/breathing noise during call (wind noise when outdoor), which is very annoying.

But I don't have this problem when I am using Skype or other VOIPs

Thank you very much

Harish Rao

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well if one of the phones had that issue it's understandable! This is the third phone I have got in last 15 days and each had the same problem. I tried reducing the volume as low as 5 and things remain the same. Reset the phone, changed the simcard and restarted the phone, but no use! The most annoying thing is, if I have to take a call while in car, I need to turn the heater/ac off as the air blow from vents can be heard on the earset. Not sure if it has to do with the ****ty AT&T network or the phone itself?
And, I don't face this problem on every call, rather sometime when I am in crowded place, like yesterday I was in mall and today I attended a call in football stadium. So I am kind of confused! I love Nokia and love my Lumia 920, hope they can fix it.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are using a headset then it's a feature. I personally love it.

You see, when you use an in-ear stereo headset, your ears feel clogged and because you can't hear yourself like you normally do, you tend to overcompensate by talking louder. What this feature does is that it allows you to hear yourself so that you can talk in a more natural way. I think it's great. Now, if you have the mic to close to your mouth then yes, you will get the extra breathing sound. Just don't put it to close to your mouth and you'll be ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99