The Lumia 920 Call Quality is...

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
...absolutely amazing. I was just out doing some Black Friday Xmas shopping and had to call my brother to ask him a question about a gift. I was in the middle of a very busy and loud store at the mall when I called him. The call was so loud and so clear it was like he was right there. No jokes, I even asked him if he was doing something to make it so clear like using a Bluetooth headset.

There was no background noise at all from his end and it was crystal clear! I had just been talking to my dad on his Blackberry Bold and it was a drastic difference.

For the first time I have made a call from an L920 to another L920...extremely impressed.

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, this will sound made up but I find it even better when I'm talking to other people with iPhone 5 or Lumia 920 (I was testing my phone with a Nokia Store guy, did not get to call anyone with a 920 since then though.). Is there a new voice format or something that these new generation phones support?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've made calls while in my car, with the windows partly down due to the pre catalytic converter exhaust leak I have. Which makes my car sound like it is running open headers (loud as ****), and they had no problem understanding me.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this will sound made up but I find it even better when I'm talking to other people with iPhone 5 or Lumia 920 (I was testing my phone with a Nokia Store guy, did not get to call anyone with a 920 since then though.). Is there a new voice format or something that these new generation phones support?

There is some type of HD support but it has to be supported by the carrier and the phone.

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There is some type of HD support but it has to be supported by the carrier and the phone.

You are right, turns out iPhone 5 and Lumia 920 supports it (AMR WB codec) and my carrier also had it enabled since 2011:
As of April 2011, we have upgraded our 3G infrastructure to make it compatible with HD Voice (AMR WB) quality throughout Turkey.
Did not know it would make such a huge impact on sound quaility though. I love this :)

Ken Peffley

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
i just a 920, the person on the other end say the sound is much worse than my Samsung Focus, first generation! Also, I've tried several times to a friend and he always
now gets an echo on his end. I also left a message for someone else, and listened to my message and it is somewhat muffled too. it is not clear at all like the focus

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Wish I had the Lumias you all received. I had two 820's and one 920, and on every handset people would keep saying "hello...?!" over and over and eventually hang up (whether I was receiving a call or making one). It was for these reasons I had to drop windows phone 8....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo