"By gar.......the critter went and done it!"

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok. After promising myself that I would keep my 900, and wait for the WP 7.8 update, i went down to the local Rogers store today, and got a brand new Lumia 920. I didn't realize that they were running a special today and tomorrow, with 100 dollars off all phones on new activations. This essentially made my Lumia free on a new 3 year contract.

So i jumped..... 😤. It was interesting to note though, that the sales guy there admitted to me that he really knew pretty much nothing about the windows phones in their stores. He said that I knew much more than him, but did note there had been some "pretty passionate about their windows phone" people in to the store during the past week. Its really a shame that a lot of sales people are not informed, unless its an iPhone or Android they are trying to sell. I can say though, they had the windows phones grouped together in a nice little display dedicated to them, and didn't treat me like I was a lunatic because I wanted one.

Has anyone else had similar experiences buying a new windows phone? After I play with it for a few days, I promise I will post some observations and experiences on here, to let you guys know how I am finding the ownership experience. I'm excited!

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
That was interesting to. They didn't advertise it on their web site, and the customer service guy told me he asked the store manager about even mentioning it on Facebook, and was told no. Makes you sort of wonder why they wouldn't want people to be more aware, to boost sales. Go figure.

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know about it. When i mentioned to him what i had come in for, he told me about it then. So they had been told by Rogers about the deal, but it had not been published in the store, reported in a Rogers flyer or ad, or talked about online on their, or anyone else's web site that I am aware of.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
got it.

was it a new 3 yr contract, or you had existing rogers account/number already? I got one reserved for pickup, not sure what they will charge me. Mine will be a renewal for another 3 yr.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
got it for $29 with contract extension (same number). the store said $0 if for new number. did get a free case and car charger. think that is cheap enough in canada.

no wireless charger or headbuds offer in Canada.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos