11-26-2012 10:24 AM
28 12
tools
    I cannot see any benefit to making a phone that would run a full version of Win8. To what others have said between the storage and power requirements I do not believe the technology currently exists to create such a device.
    11-26-2012 09:44 AM
    I don't understand how MS making a phone will have any negative effect for WP8 users. Unless your upset because you just went into a 2 yr contract with a 920. I did and if they release a Surface phone with a big screen I would get it and sell my 920. Btw Win 7 users didn't get abandoned, its called progress. I'm guessing ppl who went 2yr deals with the 900/Titan II are still upset.
    It simply makes no sense from a business standpoint. They have enough trouble gaining marketshare for WP8 as it is. Why on earth would they divert resources to start developing a Windows 8 phone at this point, especially considering it would be an expensive niche product when their "mainstream" phone OS has niche product marketshare at this point?

It's got nothing to do with it being bad for WP8 users, though it would be considering many of us feel like Microsoft isn't doing enough for this OS as it is. Can you imagine if they divided their efforts to accommodate a Windows 8 phone at this point? The only thing it would do is ensure the failure of WP8 and the mythical Windows 8 phone.

I can assure you this isn't going to happen, unless some third party takes it upon themselves with Microsoft's blessing.
    11-26-2012 09:50 AM
    How is Microsoft having trouble gaining market share with Windows Phone 8 when it hasn't even been out on the market a full quarter? Microsoft has many of the top developers in mobile working on equipment that will run the mobile operating system - HTC, Samsung, Nokia - and the devices that have come out so far are pretty compelling. In addition to what is out now, the future of the platform does look bright provided developers are able to make use of the enhancements over Windows Phone 7. The Lumia doesn't have to beat the iPhone to be a successful launch. Shoot, it doesn't even have to beat the Galaxy S III. Both devices in their own right are established product lines running on mature software. You aren't really comparing apples to apples here.

Overall, Windows Phone 8 needs to develop as a strong number three in the market and seriously contend for the number two spot. Perception issues that are nursed from posts of impulsive shoppers that picked up the Lumia 920 at launch expecting one thing and getting another aren't helping matters. There is a lot of bad information out there; too many generalizations are made and experiences tend to be more unique than what community forums have led to believe. Do I think there is a quality control issue with Nokia? No. However, I do believe there are devices that shipped with some sort of defect and should be replaced. Hardware and software issues Microsoft and Nokia can and will address. There will always be defective devices at launch. You cannot expect everything to go right 100% of the time.

This is why you have buyer's remorse polices and equipment insurance. What one doesn't do the other will. If you aren't happy with the phone get a new one. If the one you have isn't working, replace it.
    11-26-2012 10:24 AM
28 12