Now syncing all my music! WTF

VCVictor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So i'm transferring all my music to the Lumia 920 through my computer.. While connected to the computer, all the music seems to be there but when I open the Nokia Music app on the phone, not all the music shows! Do I need to convert all my music to WMV?????

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Please provide more info

Song format that you are attempting to transfer
Are they purchased songs, from Zune, torrent songs
what software are you using to transfer it? Zune or Xbox music app
what OS are you running on your pc

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Assuming your using Win7 and Zune read this:

Initially, download a software called “Zune” on your PC and run it on your computer.
Now, connect both the PC and phone using the USB cable. As soon as the connection is established, Zune will start up automatically. If you are using this Zune for the first time, then you will need to complete the setup as per the instructions.
Next, click on the “Collection” option at the top of the Zune where you will be getting some more options like music, videos, pictures, podcasts and channels.

• So, now click on the music option. It will display all the music files on your PC and then select the files which you want to transfer.
  • Drag all those files to the phone icon which is present at the bottom of Zune software.

If you want to transfer the pictures, then select “Pictures” under collection and follow the same procedures as above.
In some cases, you cannot see all the music files and pictures on your PC in the collection option. This is because, the Zune will display the files which were stored in the Libraries. So, don’t get panic if you cannot find the files. Just transfer music files to “My music” folder and pictures to “Pictures” in Libraries and then you will find it on Zune.
To view the transferred files, open up music folder in your phone and it will display all the transferred files from Zune.

You could also try uploading them to a new skydrive folder (call it My music) then download them?
(Im going to bed, Ill check on you in the morning.)

Decepticon 6

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Assuming your using Win7 and Zune read this:

Initially, download a software called ?Zune? on your PC and run it on your computer.
Now, connect both the PC and phone using the USB cable. As soon as the connection is established, Zune will start up automatically. If you are using this Zune for the first time, then you will need to complete the setup as per the instructions.
Next, click on the ?Collection? option at the top of the Zune where you will be getting some more options like music, videos, pictures, podcasts and channels.
[url]http://windowstotal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/zune-software-screen-collection-menu.png[/URL]

• So, now click on the music option. It will display all the music files on your PC and then select the files which you want to transfer.
  • Drag all those files to the phone icon which is present at the bottom of Zune software.
[url]http://windowstotal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/zune-software-screen-sync-list.png[/URL]
If you want to transfer the pictures, then select ?Pictures? under collection and follow the same procedures as above.
In some cases, you cannot see all the music files and pictures on your PC in the collection option. This is because, the Zune will display the files which were stored in the Libraries. So, don?t get panic if you cannot find the files. Just transfer music files to ?My music? folder and pictures to ?Pictures? in Libraries and then you will find it on Zune.
To view the transferred files, open up music folder in your phone and it will display all the transferred files from Zune.

You could also try uploading them to a new skydrive folder (call it My music) then download them?
(Im going to bed, Ill check on you in the morning.)

I was thinking about doing your last comment about putting my DRM-free Zune music on my SkyDrive account because I need to start freeing up more space on my Win7 PC, but I didn't know if I would have the same capabilities if I put my music in the SkyDrive. Is this how you essentially put music in the "cloud"? Can you explain that to me? I'm hesitant on putting music in my SkyDrive until I feel confident thus is what I need to do. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa