UK- EE Lumia 920 availability IN STORE... or utter lack of!

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys and girls,

There are numerous posts about various UK (and global) availability issues I know but... I'm finding it harder to hang on to the 'dream' of owning this device. And boy do i want to.
I've had a deposit (?25.00) to secure a handset when it comes into my store in Manchester since Nov 2nd but they (instore,over the phone and EE cs) seem to be unaware of any new stock coming?
I bailed on P4U due to some suspicions that the handset(s) they had (white) was a dud one.. there was a curious knocking noise when the phone was turned over in my hand.

Is anyone out there in the UK who is chasing or HAS this phone aware of when EE will get more stock? Will i even get one before Christmas?!! To my knowledge, EE have the odd black handset in the odd store here and there but NO white ones. Someone must have the answer surely! :unhappysweat:

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Phones4U at Harrow on the Hill st anns center had yellow, white & black in stock last week.

Thanks for that, but it's not actually what I asked. I am concerned with the lack of EE in-store availability and their lack of information on it. I've held a white one in a P4U store myself, but wasn't particularly taken with identifying what I believed to be an issue with that particular handset (the rattle/knocking I mentioned above) . I'm not interested in dealing with P4U or their stock, only EE's situation on this- and if anyone knows what the freak is going on...

MissDMeaner

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, and each time I speak to TMobile I get a different answer, no one seems to know what they are talking about, I am waiting on an 820 and my partner is waiting for the 920, both ordered on the 3rd November, I don't want to do my upgrade with P4U as they can't offer me the deal that TMobile has offered me, so I just have to sit and wait it out, but I'm rapidly losing the will to live!! :crying:

hovesteve

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It wasnt in store, but my white Lumia 920 was delivered from EE yesterday. I ordered it on 31st October, so was quite a wait, mainly due to issues with them migrating me from Orange. I have to say though, that its worth the wait, and despite what some have said about EE I have had zero probs since it arrived.

yatia

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I went to both EE stores in the Trafford Centre this afternoon and neither had stock of the Black 920 in. I did ring EE to order over the phone and they said that they wouldn't honour the free charging plate offer that is running instore. The smaller EE store said that they'd probably have more stock in on Monday but they wouldn't know till Monday!

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My contract with tmobile has recently expired, so I called them, a few days ago, on the 21st to enquire about what deals they have on the lumia 920, they offered me a black one for ?100 for the phone and then ?24.50p per month (24 months), 300 minutes, 750mb data, 500 texts, unlimited landlines and a free wireless plate charger.................i quickly accepted as this sounded a good deal, and 2 days later i received the phone and charger (friday)

I have to say, i was a bit worried, after reading all the forums regarding 'bugs', and was prepared to return it within 14 days if i wasnt happy, but so far it is performing faultlessly and i'm very pleased with it.

Last edited:

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My contract with tmobile has recently expired, so I called them, a few days ago, on the 21st to enquire about what deals they have on the lumia 920, they offered me a black one for ?100 for the phone and then ?24.50p per month (24 months), 300 minutes, 750mb data, 500 texts, unlimited landlines and a free wireless plate charger.................i quickly accepted as this sounded a good deal, and 2 days later i received the phone and charger (friday)

I have to say, i was a bit worried, after reading all the forums regarding 'bugs', and was prepared to return it within 14 days if i wasnt happy, but so far it is performing faultlessly and i'm very pleased with it.

Thats a pretty good deal there!

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I managed to pick one up today in Ealing in EE although they wouldn't give me a charging plate although it seemed like they had plenty of stock as the guy didn't even flinch when I said I wanted a PYG.

laney182

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Digital moe i would go back to the same store and ask them to check for an email which was sent to every store regarding a free charger

you have been done over by the work shy staff mate

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I got a free charger with my 920 purchase from EE in Ealing Broadway. Which store did you go to ? I got mine from the small one rather than the thin one !

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Walked in'walked out ten mins later with shiny newL920 .Portsmouth store.Strange because people are waiting on pre orders.

enjoy! was it black or white? Just had an email from EE via Twitter after I complained about store availability to be told quote: "We're not aware of any significant delays. For stock info contact your local store direct."

Someone is lying...

navbouy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Black one,dident ask about white,good luck with your search, I've got to say the ee store in Portsmouth couldn't have been more helpfull.
Apart from giving free chargers away a week after getting my phone.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My previous nokia (5800 express) case was branded with the tmobile logo, its good to see that my 920 isnt physically branded in any way, and i dont get that dreadful tmobile jingle on start-up/power down either. (-:

lskyus

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought youd be interested to know about my experience trying to get the Lumia 920

I dont think Ive ever had so much difficulty trying to get any of the other phones, everyone had 920's, seems to have been the reverse...

I was offered the 800 initially none in stock for 2 weeks (but wasnt told till I rang them, rather bad courtesy there), I was then told the phone had been discontinuted, so they offered me a competitor store upgrade, however T-mobile refused to let me take the phone, told me it was already on the way by delivery and then marked my account "no upgrade available" on screen. 30 minutes later they called me to tell me no phone was being delivered as there was no stock, so Id have to phone back in a week to find out if they were going to ever get any stock. (I had been waiting 10 days already),

I couldnt wait that long, so phoned them on the weekend and kept calling them until they offered me the 820, on the Monday they didnt call me back as they said, so I called them, they said " none in stock for 10 days". They then stated "they had no idea when they where they going to get any"

I checked 5 stores myself as they kept claiming "we cant get through" to any of our stores, however i never had any trouble. None had any stock at all. Interestingly all the competitors I checked had stock of all of the phones. (I was able to verifty this by actually visiting the stores to try to upgrade through them).

Again after many bull**** conversations, they finally offered me the 920, weird that every store had stock of these, but none of the others. I then had to waste another hour in conversations with them to get EE/T-Mobile to refund the upgrade cost of the 920. The 820 deal/discount/loyalty/bribe I was offered wouldnt allow me to have the phone. Eventually they conceded considering all the crap I went through and offered me a credit on my account for the cost of the phone upfront.

5 different EE stores, they only had the 920's, no 800/820's, seems my problem was the reverse of yours. (this was southeast)

2 Different Competitors had all the phones 800/820's/920's that I tried, but I couldnt upgrade through them a T-mobile kept making up stories about how they had sent me these non-exstant phones.

During these visits to phones4u EE kept blocking me through competitor upgrade paths, Seems to be some invisible "you cant upgrade somewhere else" block on my account. To make matters worse, Phones 4u wouldnt give me the phones as they couldnt reach an agreement with T-mobile during the upgrade process. (seems to be some sort of internal price conflict between the companies, T-mobile offered one price, Phones4u demanded another price that T-mobile refused to pay).

God what a nightmare...

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It's kinda funny... I ended up with a 920 due to a shortage of 8X handsets in the USA on T-Mobile. Perhaps you guys will end up with an 8X due to a shortage of 920 handsets in the UK?!?

lskyus

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It's kinda funny... I ended up with a 920 due to a shortage of 8X handsets in the USA on T-Mobile. Perhaps you guys will end up with an 8X due to a shortage of 920 handsets in the UK?!?

I would have been happy with the 820, I didnt actually want the 920 due to its weight, however its grown on me, and its not a phone you can forget is in your pocket...

What annoys me is the amount of work I had to do for a supposedly "Free Upgrade" at the end of my contract... I think T-mobile thought everyone was going to buy the iphone or S3, so they didnt bother to order that many Lumia's and got "caught out" with their lack of forward thinking. Every competitor I went to had all of the Lumia phones in stock (physically), with similar deals. So i found the whole situation rather bizarre.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thats why i ordered my 920 online. I figured they go to the main depot, before going out to the shops, so getting a 920 should be easier from where all the stock is held.

Its a pain, but from everything i've read, and heard from the shops i've visited, demand for the 920 has exceeded everyone's expectations. Being that WP7 sold soo poorly, its hardly a supprise stores didn't order hundreds of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss