My two cents on what $50 got me...

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
While I have been an early adopter of the windows phone platform for years (buying a Samsung BlackJack, Samsung BlackJack 2, Samsung Jack, Samsung Focus, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920), I feel like I have FINALLY reached the point of no compromise...and it feels great.

For years I have put up with having to compromise for this and that (lack of apps and functionality). After purchasing my 920 on Wednesday for $50, I can finally say that I am done compromising (for my needs personally).

I have my Chase app. I have my social media apps. I can Skype. I have the games that I care about. I have emjois (odd I know, but finally having them built in is a big deal). I can take screen shots (something that I've always wanted). I have NFC. I have one of the best cameras on a phone today. I have wireless charging. I have a phone that I take off the charger at 8 AM and has more than 20% left by 10 PM that same night (enough for me...and I use the device heavily). I received a FREE wireless charging plate ($50 value). Now I'm getting a FREE set of headphones from Nokia ($90 value).

For $50 dollars (on a two year contract), I received a phone that has all of these features (plus more). While Im sure others are less than pleased with there phone (read it all the time in the forums), this phone for me represents a state of no compromise. I know there might be an app here or there I can't yet get...or a battery that could always last longer...but I am personally giving up nothing by having my 920 over an iphone or android. Again, this is for ME personally, as im sure others are not yet in the same boat.

Its been a long time coming with years of frustration, but I can finally say the 920 is the device that gives me everything I want.

Thanks for reading! I just wanted to share my experience and give my two cents! :smile:

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have to say I completely agree with you. This past couple of days I have gotten to use it for a variety of things because I was out of town for Thanksgiving and I loved it. My family really all loved it too they were like "Oooh, what phone is that!"

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's what my $450 got me.

A white 920 for the SO before Amazon jacked them up to $580...then stopped carrying white altogether.

Free shipping. No tax.

No shyster $36 "activation" fees

No forced picking of a plan I don't want.

No ripoff ATT rates with a 2 year contract.

And by selling the iPhone it replaced for $300...a 920 for effectively $150.

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here's what my $450 got me.

A white 920 for the SO before Amazon jacked them up to $580...then stopped carrying white altogether.

Free shipping. No tax.

No shyster $36 "activation" fees

No forced picking of a plan I don't want.

No ripoff ATT rates with a 2 year contract.

And by selling the iPhone it replaced for $300...a 920 for effectively $150.

Yeah my account is an at&t small business account, so I always get really good treatment when I visit the stores. They always wave fees and discount the phones just by asking.

I was thinking about selling my 900, but I wasn't sure how much I would be able to get out of it and its nice being able to have a back up phone!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
as long as the app support stays there (doubt it) the 900 will be worth keeping. Seeing that there are 7.x updates past 7.8 breathes some new life in the phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my account is an at&t small business account, so I always get really good treatment when I visit the stores. They always wave fees and discount the phones just by asking.

I was thinking about selling my 900, but I wasn't sure how much I would be able to get out of it and its nice being able to have a back up phone!
If you're curious about resale value, I'd suggest checking eBay to see what kind of prices sellers got.

I usually keep my previous smartphone as a backup and sell or donate the one older than that.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
While I have been an early adopter of the windows phone platform for years (buying a Samsung BlackJack, Samsung BlackJack 2, Samsung Jack, Samsung Focus, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920), I feel like I have FINALLY reached the point of no compromise...and it feels great.

For years I have put up with having to compromise for this and that (lack of apps and functionality). After purchasing my 920 on Wednesday for $50, I can finally say that I am done compromising (for my needs personally).

I have my Chase app. I have my social media apps. I can Skype. I have the games that I care about. I have emjois (odd I know, but finally having them built in is a big deal). I can take screen shots (something that I've always wanted). I have NFC. I have one of the best cameras on a phone today. I have wireless charging. I have a phone that I take off the charger at 8 AM and has more than 20% left by 10 PM that same night (enough for me...and I use the device heavily). I received a FREE wireless charging plate ($50 value). Now I'm getting a FREE set of headphones from Nokia ($90 value).

For $50 dollars (on a two year contract), I received a phone that has all of these features (plus more). While Im sure others are less than pleased with there phone (read it all the time in the forums), this phone for me represents a state of no compromise. I know there might be an app here or there I can't yet get...or a battery that could always last longer...but I am personally giving up nothing by having my 920 over an iphone or android. Again, this is for ME personally, as im sure others are not yet in the same boat.

Its been a long time coming with years of frustration, but I can finally say the 920 is the device that gives me everything I want.

Thanks for reading! I just wanted to share my experience and give my two cents! :smile:

agreed with everything except that the camera sucks

iHeartInfoTech

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for spreading the word on your positive experience. I hope to add my 2 cents soon enough once I can evaluate the 920 for myself this Monday the 26th.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Awwww...I bought my phone on launch day! :( Damn...

If you still have the box, it's nothing but 15 minutes of your time, a few printed pages, an envelope, and a 48 cent stamp to send it in. They may still take care of you. With what I had been hearing customer suport-wise about Nokia, I wouldn't doubt it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss