Updates/New News from Negri Electronics for the 920 With AWS Supporting Bands?

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
A locked AT&T 920 will work on Straight Talk

You can use a locked AT&T phone with Straight Talk, Net10 which im using, H2O and Red Pocket. Only thing is that they all say unlimited data but is just for web browsing cause in the Terms and Conditions they say no streaming(Skype,Youtube, Netflix etc) and another bunch of regulations. If you do you can get your service cut with any advice. Some advice you but majority don't. But the service is not that bad at all until you can find how to unlock.

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a question of how Negri Electronics apply the unlock code to their phones.
Do they open the retail box, turn ON the phone and apply them? Or they just provide the unlock code written in a card or something?

Please tell me it is the second one..

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a question of how Negri Electronics apply the unlock code to their phones.
Do they open the retail box, turn ON the phone and apply them? Or they just provide the unlock code written in a card or something?

Please tell me it is the second one..
They already opened the box to check for defective before they ship it to you so they will eventually enter the unlock code to make sure it works. They get the phone from some vendors so maybe in the future, the vendors can unlock it first and then distribute to Negri so that they won't have to do anything else beside checking for defective.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
can someone from Negrielectronics explain why the estimate date was changed to Nov 29, then Dec 7 and now coming soon which doesn't say anything....any estimate at all?

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
can someone from Negrielectronics explain why the estimate date was changed to Nov 29, then Dec 7 and now coming soon which doesn't say anything....any estimate at all?
Which one you refer to. If this is the Rogers, then Nov 29 was the date that they supposed to get stock, but the stock they got was locked, so they changed it to Dec 7 and later Dec 11 because they have to wait for unlock code. Right now, they remove the date because as I think, they don't want to confuse people anymore and they just need to wait for unlock code in order to ship to customer. In the other hand, they have the black international version, but they sold out after 3 days, the other colors are coming soon as most online seller like them suppose to get stock in about a week from now.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Which one you refer to. If this is the Rogers, then Nov 29 was the date that they supposed to get stock, but the stock they got was locked, so they changed it to Dec 7 and later Dec 11 because they have to wait for unlock code. Right now, they remove the date because as I think, they don't want to confuse people anymore and they just need to wait for unlock code in order to ship to customer. In the other hand, they have the black international version, but they sold out after 3 days, the other colors are coming soon as most online seller like them suppose to get stock in about a week from now.

I'm refering to International Unlocked Color Versions (Yellow is my choice), btw where did you get the info that they'll get it in a week from now?

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Classic Negri Schtick.

Not following the reference. This has nothing to do with US. The dates change due to the fact that the supply is unavailable or that the supplier has also modified their dates. We don't have to offer dates - so we pulled them. Too many issue with customers complaining that we "promised" to ship that date, or that we "guaranteed" to ship then and now we are going back on our word. The verbiage has always been "Estimated" when we speak of dates. And we do the best we can to update the information for you. However, due to the above issue, all dates have been pulled.

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's unfortunate. I couldn't wait any longer, so I picked up an ATT red 920 off-contract. Just waiting for my ST SIM to come in the mail.

How does Straight Talk work for you? Enough data? Very curious to know if all features are unlocked/available while using this on ST. Let us know.

Last edited:

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They already opened the box to check for defective before they ship it to you so they will eventually enter the unlock code to make sure it works. They get the phone from some vendors so maybe in the future, the vendors can unlock it first and then distribute to Negri so that they won't have to do anything else beside checking for defective.

Spincel is correct here. We do quality check the devices. Although we do not hide this fact, it's posted on our store policies and we also include a wee little card inside your package to let you know that we did. It's similar to TSA, but without all the touchey-feely.

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Spincel is accurate again. While he doesn't work for us, he definitely should.

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
A little update here. We are expecting (expecting - NOT promising) to have White and Black Unlocked Lumia 920 on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Get your Pre/Back-Orders in if you want to secure your spot in line.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey negri,

Got my SIM last night. Works great with StraightTalk. I'm showing 4G on the bars, and getting about 4.5-5.5MB download speed using a speed test app. After getting APN stuff set up, everything works like a champ on the locked ATT device. Only thing that doesn't work is Internet sharing. Says I need to call ATT. I'm assuming it'll be enabled once they allow us to unlock the device. Guess I'll be waiting for that about another 5 months.

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey negri,

Got my SIM last night. Works great with StraightTalk. I'm showing 4G on the bars, and getting about 4.5-5.5MB download speed using a speed test app. After getting APN stuff set up, everything works like a champ on the locked ATT device. Only thing that doesn't work is Internet sharing. Says I need to call ATT. I'm assuming it'll be enabled once they allow us to unlock the device. Guess I'll be waiting for that about another 5 months.

Great to hear. Check our RedPocket next time you want a change in your service provider. Enjoy the rest of your week/end.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there any update on Rogers version?

P/s: The price went up, but the good is new they put the estimate availability as next week. I am hoping that this is true.

Last edited:

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Is there any update on Rogers version?

P/s: The price went up, but the good is new they put the estimate availability as next week. I am hoping that this is true.

You answered yourself here. We plan to have them next week. Small QTY though. Most pre-orders should ship out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos