The Lumia 920 is the best phone I have ever owned

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am two weeks into my Lumia 920 experience and I could not be happier. I did come from WP7 though, so you could say I was already a fan of the OS. I have owned an iPhone 3G and used my wife's Android phone (HTC One X), and I am well aware of the strengths and weaknesses of each platform. That said, the Lumia and WP8 is the perfect phone for me. The lack of apps is not enough of a factor for me. What I love is a phone with great built-in functionality that is perfectly integrated, and WP8 is untouchable in that regard. WP8 has made some key improvements, and the new start screen is amazing. Just as impressive is the Bing search and how much functionality they have added here. Swiping to see news, media, movies, and local deals is both fun and useful. Being able to launch Drive from the search results adds the missing piece of the puzzle to having a fully integrated experience, and one of the main reasons I chose the Lumia 920 over the HTC 8X. Finally, the camera. This camera has its quirks. The color is not consistent from shot to shot...sometimes you have to re-take a shot if it acts up, however if you know what you are doing you can get great results. There is softness to the picture compared to other top-end cameraphones like the One X or iPhone 5, but when photographing people it looks great. However, it's the low-light shots that really put it over the top. I take a lot of indoor shots at night, and this has been a key feature to getting some great shots. Other features like the wireless charging seem like a gimmick, but in practice make the little differences that add up to making life a little easier. I really hope WP8 gains some traction based on how great this phone is.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Wait!! You mean your Lumia is not perfect, but you still love it and accept that it is very good now and has a lot of potential???? I think you are suppose to post a thread complaining how Nokia and Microsoft can't get it right and that you are going to start looking at Android or ios.

Hahaha

Love my less than perfect, but still a great phone, 822.

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I was just talking about this earlier today.

Bottom line, its a great phone. I give up nothing by not having an iphone or android. Yes its not perfect...no phone is...but it is one of the best phones that someone can buy today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss