134.7 KB · Views: 102
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Here's the pics. In the first pic you can easily identify the gap between the frame and the upper screen. In the 2nd pic is me pressing the top of the phone, you could see no gap at all in this pic.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CBF29479AE7FD0BF!598&authkey=!AMPWNy2AO0OmgM4
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CBF29479AE7FD0BF!599&authkey=!AJ95bkMp1xef4SA

Well shucks... call the ****in president of the world because your cell phone casing flexes ever so slightly. News for you, mine does it too. I also don't give a sh*t.

Tetegra

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well shucks... call the ****in president of the world because your cell phone casing flexes ever so slightly. News for you, mine does it too. I also don't give a sh*t.
Yeah, I paid the money and I have the right to get a product in GOOD condition. If you don't care what quality of phone you get, why bothering get a new one?

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm just throwing this out there but maybe that gap/flex is by design. That could be the way they pop off the screen if they need to service the phone.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My case also flexes in that area. I also have a circle of very small holes to the right of the headphone jack, like there might be a mic housed in that location. Personally, I don't see anything that looks like a defect in those pics. Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I would call it a design defect. But I have a red 920 (for 2 weeks) and mine has absolutely no give or click. It looks and feels like a uni-body. If it were me I would exchange it.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

That's not what matters. What matters is that sound will get louder over time because the screen is not secured properly. When my L900 had it, I also didn't give a crap. But after 30 days it got really loud.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Tetegra, am I missing something? All I see there is finger smudge, finger smudge, and different angle finger smudge.

Can you you use Photoshop and point out what the heck you are talking about?

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
You people should be concerned because this could be the entry point where all the dust is collecting in the front facing camera.

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can say that this is a real problem. If you press your thumb on the phone speaker at the top with your index finger against the back, then you can see and hear the top front of the glass move with the pressure. It also makes a slight creaking sound. I just noticed this today and was about to post on this forum asking the same question. If you do this same pressure against any other areas of the phone, such as the bottom near the capacitive buttons, then you get a rock solid feeling; there's no movement.

I also see a tiny speck of dust underneath the screen about half an inch south of the front-face camera (it could also be a dead pixel, not sure). It's not very noticeable, but it's there. I spotted this speck of something today, although it could have been there since the beginning. It's possible that this speck of dust got in because of the gap between the body and the screen. Unfortunately, it's a 920 developer build, so I don't know how to exchange it, if it's possible at all.

The phone works fine, but I'm concerned about MORE dust getting underneath the screen and the ffc. I guess I just have to wait for iFixit to get the 920 teardown!

EDIT: I have the 920 developer build, which came only in black.

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not a design defect. You have a defective device. Its going to happen with any of these products built in sweatshops.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My black 920 has this issue. I didn't have my cyan phone long enough to find out if it had it. I solved the problem by not pressing down on the top of the phone. I do wonder, however, if this is what causes the rattling sound when the phone vibrates.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 1st black l920 and, so far, i have no issues with it, there is no gap (as above), i read somewhere that they are made in mexico but mine was made in china (according to the box it came in).... i wonder if there is a quality control issue depending on the country of manufacture?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven