Indoor maps missing???

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
One of the coolest features of Bing Maps integrated in Windows Phone 7.5 (on my launch Samsung Focus) was that you could zoom into the map of a mall (in California, USA) and it would give you map of the mall, showing where all the stores were, and you could even choose which floor of the mall to display.

I cannot get this feature to work on my Nokia 920. Using Nokia Maps, if I zoom all the way into a mall, it does not switch to indoor maps (this is at a major mall in the Bay Area).

If I use the Bing search feature and get into the standard WP8 map app that way instead, when I zoom all the way in it switches to satellite view automatically, but never switches to indoor mall maps.

I can't believe that this feature is gone from WP8. It was one of the cool things that WP7.5 did that no other smartphone could do.

I thought I read that Nokia was adding "indoor maps", but I cannot get this to work on my supposed "flagship" Nokia device....

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I just gave it a try, and you're right. I tried it on my dad's 920, but then I gave Nokia maps a try and it works there with indoor maps. Just zoom in and tap on it. It kinda shows it with an outline then you can explore it just like you did before.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think they changed exactly how you do it this time around. As far as I'm aware, when you're looking at a building that's in 3D if there's a Venue Map there'll be a small blue icon next to the building. Press that icon and it'll load up the exact floor plan of the place. Where I am I've not found any venue maps but I'd be interested to see if you can find any! :)

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
look up stonestown, san Francisco, still there
Looks like Nokia doesn't have this in there mapping service for you. That kind of sucks. I thought they'd merge the best of Bing Maps with the best of Nokia Maps not completely scrap Bing Maps.
Luckily for you, you can still use the old Bing Maps.

***Update**** on further inspection I noticed this in Nokia Maps. https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror is this the mall you are referring to?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos