Anyone missing waze yet?

F15 Ranger

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Its killing me that the NAV/GPS options are so limited right now. I hope that Waze reprograms in Silverlight. I heard they said it wasnt in plan but that was before Microsoft threw them a few million a while back. I also saw a Microsoft demo video of some other feature in WP8 and when they were scrolling through the list of application Waze was on his phone. I can only hope because everything i have tried was totally useless on WP8. Right now i just share out my connection on my Lumia 920 to my old iphone 4s and use Waze that way. It sucks but it works.

Anyone recommend new NAV apps that have used Waze before and understand the features?:angry:

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
What specific features of waze did you like? I used it quite a bit, but perhaps I never really used any of the special features. As far as I could tell, it was your run of the mill (allbeit very good) GPS app with a social pizazz built in.

F15 Ranger

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I loved the fact that people 5 minutes in front of me could report traffic and I could take another route. I have not found any other application to be as accurate or quick in reporting. I also loved the cop reporting and traffic camera feature. Saved my ass a few times. I also loved being apart of a social group from my work that drove the same basic route. I head over a mountain pass and sometimes it closes due to snow that i dont have at my house. People that left earlier than I did would report and sometimes I was able to not even attempt to drive possibly eliminating the chance of an accident. The search feature to all the major search engines to anywhere i went was awesome and it would put the address in directly without doing anything.

The latest release added some cool features like:
-Driving to a restaurant with friends: See everyone on the way, with their real-time ETAs. When you arrive, you'll see where friends have parked, and know who's still on the way.

-Picking up your spouse: No more painstakingly explaining where they are. Send a Waze pick up request to instantly grab their location and navigate directly to them. They'll get a live map of your route and ETA, and watch as you approach -- even if they don't have Waze.

-Let the kids know you'll be home for dinner: The days of "Mom, when are you coming home?" are over. Share your drive by sending a weblink to a live map of your location and route, and let them see exactly where you are and when you'll be there.

I bought Navigon with all the bells and whistles for about 100.00 and after waze came out i never used it again.

Here is a Video that tells about the latest version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3s_S5Mn5VQ&feature=plcp

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Aha! So the social grouping thing is what you liked. Well, that makes sense. But no, I don't think there is anything else remotely like it in any market. Waze is, essentially, in a league of its own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion