Tile questions.

Michael Marcus

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
(1) Can I create a tile for a song? How?
(2) Can I put a picture on a tile that's normally just a color block, such as a name in speed dial memory? How?

thanx

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Yes. Go to your music library, pan over to songs. Hold down the song you want and then select "pin to start".
2) I am assuming to want to create a tile for a person? If so, open the People hub, hold down the name of the person you want to pin and then select "pin to start".

You can pin almost anything of interest on your start screen and it is mostly achieved by the long-press action. It is the right-click for Windows Phone. In some cases, the long press doesn't work and you will need to look for the "pin" command on the app bar.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
(2) Can I put a picture on a tile that's normally just a color block, such as a name in speed dial memory? How?

thanx

Yes, the pic just needs to be stored locally on your phone. Example, I have several contacts that I don't have a pic of the person, but of something that represents them. The owner of the dive shop I frequent has a photo of the Diver Down flag.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
You can pin a contact, but not a specific phone #. If the contact has a photo, that photo will appear on the tile. Clicking the tile will open the contact from which you need to hit the phone #, email address, etc.

You can add a contact photo. When in the contact, hit edit button, then hit the contact photo. If there are multiple linked contacts for a single person, e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc., you can select from among those photos already associated with each account. You can also choose a photo to be associated with some of them, e.g. Hotmail, but not Facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos