Not Going To BABY It

kenstervf

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to baby my Lumia 920 as I did with my Motorola Triumph. I spent $300 for the Motorola Triumph and thought I would at least keep it for 2 year minimum. Wasted money on a screen protector and such. Well, I only had it for 11 months and sold it. Then got a HTC Amaze 4G from my brother. 4 months later, I got this Nokia Lumia 920 for $450.

Many should realize that a lot of people on internet forum tend to go through phones like new pair of shoes. All phones will have its flaw. No need to nitpick on every little detail because you will find it on any devices. Nitpicking is giving me a headache.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to baby my Lumia 920 as I did with my Motorola Triumph. I spent $300 for the Motorola Triumph and thought I would at least keep it for 2 year minimum. Wasted money on a screen protector and such. Well, I only had it for 11 months and sold it. Then got a HTC Amaze 4G from my brother. 4 months later, I got this Nokia Lumia 920 for $450.

Many should realize that a lot of people on internet forum tend to go through phones like new pair of shoes. All phones will have its flaw. No need to nitpick on every little detail because you will find it on any devices. Nitpicking is giving me a headache.

PREACH!!!! TThe only thing I am going to buy is a otterbox

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Some people protect it so they might sell it on the internet later. Which doesn't really happen and and they stick with the same thing.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I never protect mine in any way except just taking good care of it like I take of all my things. So no cases or screen protectors, just a dedicated phone pocket and not throwing it on the tablet/anywhere else :p

My N8 is still pristine after over 2 years, but I have no plans on selling it. 1) Not like I could get much for it anymore 2) What I could get out of it is less than what it would cost me to get a similar level point and shoot camera, so I'm saving it for the camera alone 3) My phones tend to have quite a bit of sentimental value for me 4) I keep my last phone as a backup phone if my main phone is unavailable for whatever reason.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I never protect mine in any way except just taking good care of it like I take of all my things. So no cases or screen protectors, just a dedicated phone pocket and not throwing it on the tablet/anywhere else :p

My N8 is still pristine after over 2 years, but I have no plans on selling it. 1) Not like I could get much for it anymore 2) What I could get out of it is less than what it would cost me to get a similar level point and shoot camera, so I'm saving it for the camera alone 3) My phones tend to have quite a bit of sentimental value for me 4) I keep my last phone as a backup phone if my main phone is unavailable for whatever reason.

A leather pocket pouch is where its at. Offers good protection and is easily accessible. Finding one for a 920 is a different matter atm. I used my old Blackberry pouch for my Sammy Focus and it worked great. Very little wear and tear after two years use.

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
A leather pocket pouch is where its at. Offers good protection and is easily accessible. Finding one for a 920 is a different matter atm. I used my old Blackberry pouch for my Sammy Focus and it worked great. Very little wear and tear after two years use.

amazon has a whole bunch!

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector or "plastic box" for my phone! I'll be careful, but it's a phone and I want to use it as intended and when my contract is up in 2 years, the phone won't be worth anything anyway, so why "protect" it to the extent that you've doubled the size of it just to trade it in for $50-$100 bucks 2 years later?

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

You are learning grasshopper

People generally get wiser as they get older. Obsessing about every single little thing on your phone, as you have found out, gets tiring after a while. My 800 was indestructible. I treated it like crap and it never failed. Not one scratch. Since day one, I have treated my 920 the same way. It was laying face down with me on my sand speckled towel the other day, later was thrown in a backpack pocket that has various pieces of junk, sand bits, etc...Nothing... throw it on my table or in my center console of my car... nothing. By time I upgrade to the whatever the Nokia flagship is in two years I hope it has a nice patina and a few scars.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, my baby (19 month old, really) loves to grab things when we aren't looking, so I'm keeping a bumper on my 920 just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre