Can't Increase / Decrease Volume - Bug?

mas90guru

Oct 7, 2003
www.s-consult.com
I can't tell if this is a WP8 but or a Nokia 920 bug.

From time to time my 920 loses the ability to either increase or decrease the speakerphone volume. I notice this primarily with Podcasts.

To cure the issue I have to select a different song/podcast then switch back to the one I was listening too.

It's possible that this is also tied into use of Bluetooth as I've been listening via Bluetooth and on occasion it disconnects. This may be what is triggering the lack of volume control - not sure.

Anyone else seen this?

Expat64

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it is Bluetooth related as I don't use BT (except the occasional Tap to Send), but rebooting phone did the trick (thanks BCH). I guess it's either a 920 or WP8 bug. Anybody else seen this?

BokiV

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem on my 8x, volume just stays at same level even though the volume numbers change... I only use my ur beats headphones, Bluetooth is off... This is quite a big and annoying bug

Ryan Frostad

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing on my verizon htc wp8x...turned off/on to fix. Not sure how long the volume was stuck, but beforehand I plugged in and removed the headphones. The music that was paused would still respond to the volume control when I played it again, but the alarm/ringer volume was stuck really low....I feel like it's a bug in wp8 music player.

SmoothDog

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. Podcasts were really quiet and music was decent, but wouldn't increase in volume at all???

Turned phone off and back on and it worked fine...Not sure what caused this.

Craig Celeste

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
For me, the music volume reduced to almost nothing. I increased the volume to 25/30 to barely hear the music. When a phone call came in it nearly blew my eardrums out!

I suspect it lowered the music volume when a phone call came in (even though I wasn't playing music at the time), and then when the phone call was done it didn't increase the music volume again, until I rebooted.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Has happened to me on my Lumia 920. Only in the music + videos app though. Nokia music's volume works normally. Fixed with a reboot.

tobiasp

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
had the same problem on my lumia 920, though i pressed the volume rocker the sound didn't change. I just restarted my phone and it worked again but it's happened a few times and it's a really annoying bug

dev3loper

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
No solution, just another verification, I get the same think, very annoying.

I can play a normal song, change the volume all is ok.

If I play a podcast the volume cannot be adjusted, I can go and play a song, adjust the volume then return to the podcast and the newly adjusted volume is used, but cannot changes volume when a podcast is playing.

Nokia 920, Os version 8.0.10211.204, firmware number 1232.5951.1249.1017

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
At times in my lumia 920 the volume doesnt change when i use the headphones.i have to reset the phone to make it work. But since i listen to music daily, this annoying bug is really bothering me.Does anybody know of a permanent solution or any upcoming update which will be fixing this.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My issue is similar to the poster above me. My headset volume will randomly drop all the way to zero and not be able to increase above one. Restarting SEVERAL times is the only way to fix my issue and it's extremely annoying. The last time it happened, my volume began increasing and decreasing on its own.

If anyone has an issue similar to this and arrives here, please post about it on the microsoft and your phone manufacturer's support forums as well, regardless of how long it's been since the last post. They need to know that these issue still exist and that whatever patches they're releasing haven't fixed the problem

Ayush_WP

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920, i often get a problem where the volume doesnt change for songs that i have downloaded via nokia music, but when i skip to the next song the volume effect takes place.

eg: volume is as 30. Someone enters the room and i need to reduce the volume. i have to reduce to 15, then change the song.

Restart fixes it. occurs in every 1-2 days. Annoying.

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
This bug arises only when we play the songs downloaded from Nokia Music but vanishes if we open the same songs from Nokia Music. So a temporary solution can be to open the songs from Nokia Music until Microsoft comes with a more permanent solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)