Sharper pics on the 920?

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
One thing I wish was a bit better on the 920 is the camera sharpness. I did a side by side comparison with my wife's iPhone 4 and the results seemed the same. Considering the 920 camera is better than hers I am hoping I can refine the sharpness. Any
way to make the pics sharper?

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I think all the new Nokia devices need an update for the cameras. There are too many posts concerning the quality of the photos in the new WP8 devices but you are right the Iphone takes a beautiful picture!

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think all the new Nokia devices need an update for the cameras. There are too many posts concerning the quality of the photos in the new WP8 devices but you are right the Iphone takes a beautiful picture!

Yup - it's an in-camera image processing software issue that they claim they're working on. Fortunately that's something that can be fixed with a software update. I was able to get the images reasonably sharp (Facebook-worthy) by post-processing them in Lightroom, but I couldn't do a really good test because there's no quality settings for the recorded images (JPG-10 or 12, or ideally raw or uncompressed TIFF would give the best results). I did notice that the sharpness in the center of the frame is quite a bit better than the corners, but that's about the same on my iPhone 4S.

The Lumia is still far better than the 4S in low-light situations without the flash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium