How do you disable auto screen lock?!

Mel the Way

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I got a yellow Lumia 920 9 days ago and I couldn't be happier, despite the 1 week wait since pre-order. I consider it to be one of the greatest smartphone deals of all time. That said, there are flaws I would like to see addressed. Or maybe one of you forumers knows the answer to my problems?

How do I disable the auto screen lock on my Lumia 920?! I don't want a measly 5 minute window before it auto-locks, which is the longest window allowed in the settings. When I use a workout timer app for example, I don't want to be weight training and have the screen go into auto-lock, go dark, and stop the timer; it's extremely annoying. I also don't want to be playing music in my car (while having the phone charging) or sitting at home listening to music and having to constantly unlock the screen to manipulate the music files. I do have a work email setup and that triggered the need for a password to get in from the lock screen, but I don't think getting rid of that would solve my problem. I want a permanent screen on mode, with screen lock triggering only when I hit the physical button to do so. Frankly I never lose my phones or let them out of sight, so I think mandatory screen locks after a few minutes are stupid.:wink:

Oh, another issue: can all MP3 player interfaces in the world just have a simple mechanism for deleting the music now being played from the hard drive/memory? I don't want to have to go back into menus, look for the song, then delete it. Somehow I must be the only person in the world who wants to upload a large music collection to my MP3 device, then distill it down to the good stuff by deleting the bad tracks as I listen to them.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Some workout apps will disable the lock screen or simply run in the background.

By "lock screen" do you mean the screen you have to slide up? That is to prevent pocket dialing, and I'm not sure you can disable it. My WP7 allows the screen timeout to be set to "never". Also, I can do Next, Pause, Play, and Back from the lock screen with music. Can you not?

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh, another issue: can all MP3 player interfaces in the world just have a simple mechanism for deleting the music now being played from the hard drive/memory? I don't want to have to go back into menus, look for the song, then delete it. Somehow I must be the only person in the world who wants to upload a large music collection to my MP3 device, then distill it down to the good stuff by deleting the bad tracks as I listen to them.

You can click on the "Now Playing" song from the volume drop down and it'll take you right to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon