Shake your Lumia 920

Christian Santos1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I shake mine (i.e. fb updates), it fees like the vibration mechanism inside is loose. There is definitely something that has weight moving around in there. You all feel the same??? Or am I making a trip back to AT&T? :straight:

Christian Santos1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Got it replaced. The shaking innards were a defect, screen was a bit off, buttons were loose and OS was a mess. This new phone is EXACTLY what I was expecting when I imagined the phone before the first debacle.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
its the battery! had the same prob with mine. and the vibrate was weird. go get another one! my second 920(first was cyan, now i have white) is perfect! except im pretty sure all 920's have dust leaking into the ffc

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just shake mine like a polaroid picture :smile:
No issues with it, I do feel the camera just a little bit, but nothing to be worried about.

Benjamin Mendez1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Funny I can hear and feel something shaking inside not to mention theirs a smudge about an inch by the ffc I can clear the smudge away with a cloth but it comes back after a while.

Oktay Gardener

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my white one today and I hear **** shaking around inside the phone, also the vibration is really, really weird. It sounds like the device is about to break and you hear that it is not right.

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I got my white one today and I hear **** shaking around inside the phone, also the vibration is really, really weird. It sounds like the device is about to break and you hear that it is not right.

I'd say vibration on Nokia phones are indeed a bit louder than some other phones when new. It doesn't bothers me that much, but I believe it might have something to do with the camera mounted on springs. It can be annoying at first for some people coming from other brands, but I'm used to it and it doesn't annoys me anymore since after a few weeks of having my first Lumia (900 earlier this year)

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered that my black 920 feels like there us something heavy loose inside the phone when I shake it as well. It def concerns me. It feels too significant to be the camera. Battery maybe? I can't imagine it will be good in the long run. Might have to head to ATT this weekend.

sanien

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Real piece of s***! I have had it for 27 days and a few days ago it started rattling, and Sherlock it ain't the camera! I feel something heavy hitting the sides when shaking it. The carriers are real ass here and won't replace a phone, they maybe send it to repair!!! All they are going to do is glue battery!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
No sound when shaking my L920, of course I won't shake it like a maniac cuz it's my baby. But yeah if you simply shake your phone and can hear or feel stuff inside you should get it replaced

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It does sound like something is loose, like the battery. Should I be worried about it? It's only been a month with this phone and I'll past exchange or return policy for AT&T (or so I've been told).
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a rattle in my Yellow Lumia. So even though i was past my 28 day returns period i spoke to live chat on phone 4 u and they said i can get a new one. Called customer service and ay first they wanted me to send it in as it was past 28 days but then i mentioned that live chat said i could have a new one. So she put me on hold while she spoke to her manager and they agreed that i could have a new. ;) picked up my new one that same day and it doesn't have a rattle. Vibration is abit mental but that doesn't bother me.

tnitsuj

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea, my second Lumia had this issue. You don't have to shake it too hard to hear/feel it either. When I shook it it had the normal "floating lense sound" but it also felt like the battery was loose. My 1st and 3rd Lumia's never had this issue and it is in fact a defect. Also just to note that the vibration from the phone became a lot better after the fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99