920 Power Button Now Almost Flush with Side of Phone

anon(5350902)

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My power button makes a little "click" after i've pressed it. These are more cosmetic rather than functional flaws with the product, I wouldn't worry about it that much seeing as most products that have buttons such as these are prone to these flaws. If they aren't present immediately then they are likely to develop over time.

anon(5350902)

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Sooner or later all the phones are going to go through this, i notice the same and i have a case. Today is my 14 day with the phone
Thankfully the power button is only needed for lock/unlock or powering on/off the device. It would be far worse if this were one of the main buttons Back, home, search. So all in all if that's the ONLY flaw with the phone's components then we're actually pretty lucky. No backlight bleed, scuffgate, etc. I can live with a less than perfect power-button.

zhani

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know whether there is a shortcut to wake up the phone without using the power button every time? What about going in screen saving mode having it locked?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know whether there is a shortcut to wake up the phone without using the power button every time? What about going in screen saving mode having it locked?

you could always connect it with a charger. That wakes it up to the lock screen, to where you can then just swipe up to go to your home screen without ever having to press your power button.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Allow the camera button to wake the phone up. Sure, it'll launch the camera, but just hit the home button and you're on your home screen without having used the power button.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine is flattening too. It is still sticking out a bit, but the camera button is clearly better in that regard. I dont think that affects any phone functionality (hopefully) but tells me that a quality control should have been tighter. The button is not designed to sustain hundreds of pushes.

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Its all in your head, the power button has always been more flush and for good reason.

1. The camera button has two click levels, one for focus and one for shutter.

2. The volume buttons are clickable on the ends, not the middle so they rock less and therefore feel less flush on the edges.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You guys do realise that you have 1 year warranty with these phones. In a very rare case if you manage to make that button invisible, send it off to Nokia and get it re-done for free. It won't happen though. It is just a normal Lumia thing. I call it equilibrium of buttons.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed today that my power button no longer sticks out from the side of the phone like it did. I've had the phone for about ten days. Prior to today, the volume rocker, power button, and camera button each stuck out from the body of the phone the same distance. Today the power button is almost flush with the side of the phone. It still seems to work fine. Anyone else notice this?

I'm glad that I stumbled across this thread. I received the HTC 8X for a trial period of two weeks, and although I love it - and WP8 - one thing that is bothering me is the power/wake button in 2 ways: first, it's position on the top of the phone, and, second, that it hardly sticks out from the phone, making it sometimes tricky to press . The position on the top of the handset didn't bother me on my iPhone 4, but because the HTC is a bigger handset, I find it less than ideal, and this has led me to consider the Lumia 920, despite it's more considerable weight.

Now I understand that the Lumia 920 too suffers from construction issues relating to the power/wake button. Is this something that I should seriously be concerned with? I hate it when the physical buttons start to deteriorate, and this is one of the issues I have long had with the iPhone's home button.

C s G

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my third 920. Saw this thread before but never bothered. Now with my third one, I came searching for this thread. I have this problem on it. This is just disappointing. Will be contacting Nokia directly now.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Are we considering this as a problem? Will it eventually stop working? I am still within 14 days. Are there units that dont have that problem?

avegas11

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
It's right. I thought the same thing (that is was broken), but Nokia sent me this reply (I sent them pictures too):

"Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

We understand that you would like to know if the power button of the Lumia 920 is supposed to be flush against the body of the device. Please be advised that the camera key and the volume keys are designed to be slightly raised compared to the power button. This is to clarify that what you are encountering with your phone is the normal design and there is no issue with the power button of your Lumia 920."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo