Wireless Charging Issue with Lumia 920

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I recently received my wireless charger from AT&T and was very excited to try it out. So I put my phone down on the charger and they phone buzzed and showed the little two pronged icon on the battery icon indicating it was charging. So I walk away and come back about 20 minutes later and realized that it actually went down 1% since it started charging! So I thought it just had not been on it long enough so I left it on the charger again overnight for about 10 hours and when I took it off the charger in the morning it was at critically low level so it had not charged all night even though the charging light was solid on the charging pad and the battery indicator on the phone said it was in fact charging. So I brought it into my local AT&T store to see if they could help me out. The sales associate I talked to had no clue that they even had the charging pad on display or where the battery indicator was on the windows phones. While we were trying to troubleshoot the problem he kept telling me how much better the Apple products were and how they would not have this issue... But I digress, eventually we could not figure out the issue and he told me to just call the customer care number... So I just went home and tried to figure it out on my own and make sure I was just not doing something wrong. So after a little experimenting I found that if I turned the phone off and placed it on the charging pad and allowed it to be powered on while sitting on the pad the charging pad it would actually charge the phone. But if I am just using it normally and place it on the charging pad without turning it off it will not charge the phone... Has anybody else had this issue or anything similar happening with the wireless charging pad on their Lumia 920? I also placed an email into Nokia Care and will let you know what help (if any) I receive from them as AT&T was not able to offer anything of substance.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
you should have asked for the manager. If I come in with a problem with my nokia phone I do not want to hear about some other phone. ATT could possibly be the worst

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they said there were no managers there today so they could not make any "decisions" on whether they could exchange it out as it is a couple of days past the 14 day return policy... But I am probably going to try another store tomorrow to see if I have better luck. And I 100% agree on the fact that the associate should not be pushing another product if I neither own one or want one.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they said there were no managers there today so they could not make any "decisions" on whether they could exchange it out as it is a couple of days past the 14 day return policy... But I am probably going to try another store tomorrow to see if I have better luck. And I 100% agree on the fact that the associate should not be pushing another product if I neither own one or want one.

Sounds like a crock to me, you tell them to get someone on the phone, there is ALWAYS someone else. I would call ATT personally and let them know of your experience with the associates name. They need to crack down on their terrible service and this is how you do it

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So I went to another AT&T store and they did not have any charging pads on display to test it out on so they just ordered me a new charging pad (but I think there is an issue with the phone)... So I will update once I get the new charging pad and see if that works.

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So I went into the AT&T store today and they had a wireless charger on display. So I put my phone on it and it still would not charge... So they advised I call the customer care for a replacement. So I called and there was no hassle at all and they are sending me a replacement unit. So lets hope this one is able to work on the wireless charger.:wink:

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I contatcted AT&T customer care and they sent me a "refurbuished unit" although it looked brand new and came in shrink wrap and this one has been great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire