Audio annoyance with podcasts combined with Drive+ and phone sounds

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I love my 920, especially the Nokia Drive+ app. It's one of the key reasons I went with the 920. I listen to a lot of podcasts while driving. Podcasts are notoriously recorded with lower volume than most of us would like. I've dealt with this issue on my 3GS, Samsung Focus, and now on the 920. I just turn up the volume on my car stereo to compensate and just dealt with the occasional ringtone, text tone, or other phone sound coming in at EXTREME volume while I was listening to podcasts. Unfortunately I didn't consider that this extreme volume issue would also affect the loudness of the navigational prompts as Nokia Drive+ takes me though my route. I launched Nokia Drive+ and routed to my destination then started playing a podcast (Windows Weekly.) As usual, I turned the volume way up on my car stereo to get the podcast to a volume I could hear and drive away. About a minute later I was just about blown out of my seat when Nokia Drive+ started talking. I quickly realized that I will not be able to listen to podcasts and use Nokia Drive+ at the same time. Hopefully someone has a brilliant idea of how to get around this but in the mean time, I'm back to my Garmin when I listen to podcasts and need navigation at the same time. I'm using the Drive App when I'm listening to music without issue. Music files seem to be better matched with the loudness level of the phone sounds. It would be nice to see some sort of standardized loudness scale utilized one day to eliminate this type of issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention