Lumia 920 using lots of data

karl11

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia all of the sudden started using lots of data today. I'm always connected to WiFi at work and at home. I'm not sure why it just started happening today.

toddos

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Double check that you're actually connected to wifi. I've had a couple of times where my 920 decided that it couldn't see my router anymore and I had to reboot to get it working again. The only reason I even noticed was because podcasts weren't downloading.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia all of the sudden started using lots of data today. I'm always connected to WiFi at work and at home. I'm not sure why it just started happening today.

Mine used roughly 400mb more my first 6 days than normal. Turns out it was LTE being used instead of wifi. I turned my data connection off and have been problem free since then....

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are having problems with WiFi connection getting dropped when the screen turns off, you can use the iHeartRadio trick to keep WiFi connected. This will work with WP8 as well as WP7.5.

It didn't work for me when I tried it, nor did the app that is "made" for this purpose (forgot the name). After leaving the phone for five or so minutes and unlocking it, wifi clearly starts reconnecting.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It didn't work for me when I tried it, nor did the app that is "made" for this purpose (forgot the name). After leaving the phone for five or so minutes and unlocking it, wifi clearly starts reconnecting.
I'm sorry it did not work, but it's good to hear that WiFi did reconnect.

MUGZ85

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be that you have automatic Windows Updates enabled, and your carrier doesn't support Data Sense, so it's downloading the updates over the mobile network. Since Microsoft released it's first update around the time you began experiencing the issue, this would explain why it happened suddenly. To disable this, go into Settings>Phone Update and uncheck "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it."

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mugz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea