Random battery drain caused by Bluetooth bug ?

boatsnbeaches

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I realize there are several threads about the battery life woes with the 920 but it seems to be a random occurrence. I normally get about 2 days out of my battery but occasionally the phone will heat up and will drain within 3-4 hours. I've tried to duplicate the problem at will and have ruled out any rouge app randomly draining the battery (background tasks disabled, no apps installed after reset).

For me it seems to be isolated to either wi-fi or bluetooth. The first indication of the run-a-way battery drain is the phone getting very warm, when this happens the battery shows from 18 hours battery remaining to 2-3. Interesting I disabled wifi and bluetooth and the phone cooled and battery remaining indicator went back to 9 hours after an hour or so. The next time the phone heats up with it's random battery drain, it would be interesting to disable ONLY the bluetooth as I believe it is the real problem.

Now for duplicating the problem, so far it seems to be occuring after using the camera for some reason, I have auto upload set to on (best quality, wifi only) and all wifi advanced setting are unchecked. There have been a few instances where I was taking photos well outside of any wifi signal when the problem occurred. I just can't seem to verify if it's wifi or bluetooth causing the problem, but with the various bluetooth bugs I've come across it wouldn't surprise me.

My experience is the battery life isn't just good for some, bad for others, but the seems random. Anyone else notice the random nature of this as well? If so, do you have wifi or BT enabled when it occurs? Love the phone, and it would be nice to provide some real info to help get a fix.

boatsnbeaches

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Like others, I've had the phone lock up when adding bluetooth devices. I've also had some compatibility problems that were no issue with my 900. Lastly, i thing the random battery drain may be related to bluetooth as well -- not sure yet. I'm guessing you're not experiencing random battery drain?

CNoge

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have lots of BT issues with car and headphones. Many people are having the car issue. I'm also getting random batter drains, but haven't tried to figure out the cause.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have had 2 lock ups due to BT. One was when I pressed the call button twice very fast and my phone wouldn't do anything anymore, the second was when I tried to answer a call while I was trying to call that person at the same time. The only way to get out of the lock up is a soft reset and I can tell you, holding the power and volume down button for 5 seconds and driving is not funny :) Definitely buggy if you ask me. But I am not experiencing battery drain because of BT.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth will always drain your battery faster if it is enabled vs disabled.

I never sync anything with bluetooth, so I never turn it on.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced any issues with BT, but truth be told, I never noticed that the battery was any better/worse with it off. I did "Exercise" the battery a few times and it seems to be holding up quite well these days (been off the charger for four hours now and am at 95% remaining; thus far I have streamed music via BT to my car stereo for 25 minutes, listened to music via wired headset for 35 minutes, sent/received a handful of texts, and checked my e-mail twice).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs