My phone doesn't....

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 doesn't clunk when I shake it.

It doesn't click when I press the top or have any other cosmetic defects as far as I can tell.

The battery life is good as long as I follow the sensible recommendations posted here.

The camera is great.

It doesn't get hot.

It charges whenever I place it on the Nokia wireless charging pad without a problem.

It has never restarted randomly nor has it ever crashed.

Every app I have tried to use on it so far as worked perfectly, the only exception was the Kindle app, which was updated within two days and now it works perfectly.

I have not tried to sync it yet, so I can't comment on that. Drag/drop works perfectly.

Just thought I'd share a little sunshine amidst all the gloom and doom here. My Lumia 920 is just fine.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Do you play any games on the phone? Try Angry Birds Star Wars, the device gets warm at least.

My Lumia 920 doesn't clunk when I shake it.

It doesn't click when I press the top or have any other cosmetic defects as far as I can tell.

The battery life is good as long as I follow the sensible recommendations posted here.

The camera is great.

It doesn't get hot.

It charges whenever I place it on the Nokia wireless charging pad without a problem.

It has never restarted randomly nor has it ever crashed.

Every app I have tried to use on it so far as worked perfectly, the only exception was the Kindle app, which was updated within two days and now it works perfectly.

I have not tried to sync it yet, so I can't comment on that. Drag/drop works perfectly.

Just thought I'd share a little sunshine amidst all the gloom and doom here. My Lumia 920 is just fine.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So you do have battery issues?

Me? Yes, its constantly messed up. I went from 100% to 77% in 2 hours, very minor use. Then, after sitting for 30, it went UP to 80%. even at at 20% loss now, when NFC off, Bluetooth off, and literally everything off accept for Gmail push sync, i would expect much better.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Me? Yes, its constantly messed up. I went from 100% to 77% in 2 hours, very minor use. Then, after sitting for 30, it went UP to 80%. even at at 20% loss now, when NFC off, Bluetooth off, and literally everything off accept for Gmail push sync, i would expect much better.

No, the OP.

AndrewakaMJ

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having a great experience with my 920...no problems at all, great battery (28% left at end of day with moderate to heavy use). Yes it does warm slightly during heavy use, but no where near as hot as my iPhone 4 got. So count me as another happy user!

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Your situations might be typical of a vocal miniority of users that have flocked to the forums here for Windows Phone Central. Making broad strokes as you have saying every thread out there about battery issues denotes poor performance, instability and the like is flat out irresponsible. It isn't as bad as yelling "fire!" in a theater, but crying wolf about your device when it could really be limited to your device doesn't really get things resolved. If the situation was you and five other users had the same battery issue, I would be curious if they came from the same production run. It could be something as simple as that. One should hope the solution is as simple as that. If it isn't, I'm sure Nokia would be looking into it right now and has withheld comment until they have a fix.

All you can do is report the problem, exchange your device and try again. If you hit the "magic number" of device replacements you are offered an out to go to another device. If no one is reporting the problem (we know people have been reporting the problem) then no one is working on the solution. This forum isn't the end all, be all of AT&T and Nokia Customer Service, nor is it a direct pipeline to addressing all of our concerns.

viktor_k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 920 has been great. I bet most of the people complaining here haven't drained the battery completely. The "warm" issue is a total non-issue, you should try holding my titan after playing that boat racing game, "thunder something"... My kids would scream if they touched the screen. 920 gets "warm", not even close to hot.

Anyway, 920 has been real nice phone for me and for others I know that got one. Obviously you're not going to see those people on the forums, but the people that only have problems.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 920 has been great. I bet most of the people complaining here haven't drained the battery completely. The "warm" issue is a total non-issue, you should try holding my titan after playing that boat racing game, "thunder something"... My kids would scream if they touched the screen. 920 gets "warm", not even close to hot.

Anyway, 920 has been real nice phone for me and for others I know that got one. Obviously you're not going to see those people on the forums, but the people that only have problems.

mine automatically self drained to zero yesterday when it went from 32% to zero. I personally think that there is a bug in batter % reporting no matter how conditioned the battery is.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
my 920 battery life got better after a few charges, and after one night i let it run out, then turned it back on, at which point it stayed on for almost an hour with everything option on, battery saver off, and playing music while i kept the screen active as much as possible. Since then I've made it through every day with wifi and location always on. Today i need to keep an eye on it, because i noticed that in my office it tends to fall back to 4g, so the LTE signal may be intermittent and hurting battery life.

My camera though is a different story, the picture softness/out of focus is very pronounced, especially on outdoor shots. However, I can see the camera "going past" the correct focus/sharpness in the preview, so I'm fairly certain it's a fixable firmware issue.

Discussing the phones with my mom (who got an 820) over the weekend, she mostly likes it, but was very disappointed that she couldn't set contact-specific ringtones.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
mine automatically self drained to zero yesterday when it went from 32% to zero. I personally think that there is a bug in batter % reporting no matter how conditioned the battery is.

I personally think there is a bug with your specific unit and it should be replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire