Just got an update... for Extras+info... what was it?

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I get the error code for wrong region. I would guess it's been pulled until it's fixed. 800320011 is the code i think.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Got another update for it today. Error with downloading. Restarted my phone and installed successfully. As these updates have been going - it does nothing.

Lumia 810 on T-Mobile

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Got another for today as well, no problem installing but don't know if anything is different on my at&t 820.

kcovert

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
No phone update but 15 market place updates including many Nokia apps.

Ok now I see the extras+infor as a store update buts errors when I try to download it right now.

Last edited:

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I, too, got the update on my Yellow Lumia 920 (AT&T) but the update failed to install over and over. Right now, when I go to the settings, I can see a text string in the place of Extras+info.

The text string says @C:\Date\Programs\{2377fe1b-c10f-47da-92f3.., so I started digging more and got to the direct link of the file from Store.

The direct link to the app is http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/extras-info/2377fe1b-c10f-47da-92f3-fc517345a3c0 . You have to click this from your phone. Before I clicked, I assumed it will "overwrite" the corrupted installation like good old days. But no, this is what I have got:

View attachment 23713

My 2? guess is, this update was not supposed to enter the Store in the first place.

Could you guys report your findings, after clicking the link above with your carrier and model, please?

If you scroll down, you will find the extras+info requires almost every permission...

Fred Garvin MP

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I most definitely have noticed quite a bit of battery drain after the Network+ update. With average use, I would regularly get into the next day before I got down to even 30% , Now, though, I am down to 47% after only 8 hours. It is a considerable difference from before the update. I'm going to make sure nothing else was changed settings wise...
anybody else getting crappy battery drain after the update? My battery went from 90% to power down over night ....went to sleep at 11pm and woke up at 5am with a Critically Low warning on my phone ....I'm going to monitor tonight and see if it drained again

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I, too, got the update on my Yellow Lumia 920 (AT&T) but the update failed to install over and over. Right now, when I go to the settings, I can see a text string in the place of Extras+info.

View attachment 23712
The text string says @C:\Date\Programs\{2377fe1b-c10f-47da-92f3.., so I started digging more and got to the direct link of the file from Store.

The direct link to the app is http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/extras-info/2377fe1b-c10f-47da-92f3-fc517345a3c0 . You have to click this from your phone. Before I clicked, I assumed it will "overwrite" the corrupted installation like good old days. But no, this is what I have got:

View attachment 23713

My 2? guess is, this update was not supposed to enter the Store in the first place.

Could you guys report your findings, after clicking the link above with your carrier and model, please?
I had a sstring like that in my lock screen settings. Turns out it was the Michelin travel app.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
anybody else getting crappy battery drain after the update? My battery went from 90% to power down over night ....went to sleep at 11pm and woke up at 5am with a Critically Low warning on my phone ....I'm going to monitor tonight and see if it drained again
No change here. I can usually make 20 hours and be at 30% with normal usage.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

cbrunn2

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I've noticed that ... I came home from school with like 88% at like 11 am ... left to go back to school at like 4 pm and had 52% ...no use ... that's like 9% drain an hour on stand bye ... my WiFi stays on all time now after the update but that can't be draining that much power ... going to keep an eye on it more tomorrow

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
That's really strange my battery actually improved I literally haven't checked it until today. Sparsely used like usual of course but usually by now I am in the high 60% or low 70% right now its reporting 84% maybe it fixed stuff. Tomorrow I will actually try using my phone more like listening to podcasts and surfing the web see how it goes but so far I noticed a marked improvement based on my previous non-use benchmark.

Also just noticed a Network+ update and a Feedback to Nokia update on the Windows store. Hopefully they won't screw up anything. I haven't noticed my WiFi staying on yet either but I am just now installing those updates.

defnz

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to tell why certain devices haven't updated yet?

My 920 is still running 1.1.33.5 whereas others running 920's from the same carrier in New Zealand have had theirs update to 1.4.2.1

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
With both 7.5 and 8.0 I've occasionally seen a power drain after updating an app. Now I always check the battery an hour or so after updating, and reboot the phone if it looks to be draining too fast.

koldmiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the update notification. However, when I go to update it I get an error. I've checked and I can download other apps from the market, so it's not a problem with market. Maybe the update got pulled?

I have the same problem. Every time I try and update it says there is an error and to restart the phone or try later. My son has the same error as well.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i just woke up to 2 more updates in the store. one for network+ and one for feedback to nokia. oddly the network+ update was dated 11/23/2012 and the feedback update was dated 11/27/2012.

so far i can't i tell any differences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb