11-28-2012 07:17 PM
29 12
tools
    Apologies for the video/audio quality. The point of the experiment was to do it candid/confessional style, but the florescent lighting of our office and the mic on my headphones didn't really work out well. I tend to get good feedback on my TV appearances but I'm always looking for feedback (good or bad) to improve. I'm glad you're enjoying Windows Phone!
    FilmGirl on WPCentral walking amongst the people. Very cool.

Most journalists who write about WP don't have the hutzpah to venture into a potential lions den like this. How very Lois Lane of you!

I've got a journalism degree and I always read articles with a non existent tolerance for bad writing. Thanks for having the writing skills to back up your WP prose! It made reading the series that much more enjoyable.
    11-27-2012 10:06 PM
    Will Pundits Kill Windows Phone 8? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com this might explain some reasons.

MS really needs to step it up with the app situation

I figured it has something to do with perception. I'm no developer and don't know the first thing about it. Wasn't sure if WP is more difficult, time consuming, costly, ect. Don't know if approval in WP marketplace is more strict then iOS or what not. I'm sure as it stands right now the small ROI is keeping most away.
    11-27-2012 10:46 PM
    Great review. Lack of quality apps is the only thing that stops people from adopting WP. I also hate the MSFT's argument that "if the original app is not available than there are alternatives"..Well, most of the time those alternatives are horrible. Improve the app situation, and WP can easily overtake iOS and Android. When I first used WP7.5, I couldn't go back to using Android anymore. The UI is horrible compared to WP. And now that I'm using WP8, there is no way I am touching iOS or Android again.
    11-28-2012 12:13 AM
    Good review - lots of points positive and negative that I agree with, and fair - which is pretty refreshing. Most of it has been said already - lack of apps is definitely its Achilles heel.

Also, she's easy on the eyes - which never hurts.
    11-28-2012 07:17 PM
29 12